Stewart taking #1 spot now?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stewart taking #1 spot now??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Stewart taking #1 spot now??

Postby J.C.Fighter » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:09 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
totalair32 wrote:Still pretty much a 50/50 split, but Stewart is still getting the goal line touches. Is it wrong of me to hope Williams get a minor injury to allow J-Stew to take over full time?

A very wise man once said:

Kilroy wrote:If you have to ask if something is unethical then it almost certainly is.

;-7 :-b ;-)

No way you're a dude .....right?
J.C.Fighter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pfwygalways » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:32 pm

mikus wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:
Stelly wrote:With a juicy matchup against KC in week 5, is he a legit RB2??

For Week 5 I would say yes. He is likely to get anywhere between 15-20 carries as the Panthers are likely to work the ground game against the Chiefs. He's producing with his touches, and getting goal-line work, so with a great matchup like this weekend I think he is a solid RB2.

I agree. I think that JStew now has worked his way into a back you can rely on consistently as an RB2. He's had 10, 14, 7 and 14 touches per game through four weeks. The 7 was in the loss to Minnesota, when Carolina went to the air to play catch up. Stewart scored a TD that week to save owners, and he has been getting goal line work every week.

I think his touches will remain anywhere between 12 - 17 per game for the remainder of the season, including the goal line work. That makes him more than serviceable as an RB2.

maybe a 12 team league. anything less and I think were still at the point of the season where a 50/50 RBBC is just not a RB2. 12-17 carries will be 50-60 yards and then you are hoping for that td. Theres some consistency there but your playing hoping for the bomb week, which is hit or miss with the RBBC situation, or may never happen.
12 team/6pts TD/1pt 25yds pass/1pt 10yd r/r
08-09 Champ: Defending my title
QB Cutler
WR R. White, Welker, S. Holmes, D. Hester
RB M. Turner, S. Slaton, D. Brown, L Betts, L Maroney
M. Bush
TE Shockey
K Gotskowski
Def: Dal. (platoon likely)
pfwygalways
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:27 pm

pfwygalways wrote:
mikus wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:
For Week 5 I would say yes. He is likely to get anywhere between 15-20 carries as the Panthers are likely to work the ground game against the Chiefs. He's producing with his touches, and getting goal-line work, so with a great matchup like this weekend I think he is a solid RB2.

I agree. I think that JStew now has worked his way into a back you can rely on consistently as an RB2. He's had 10, 14, 7 and 14 touches per game through four weeks. The 7 was in the loss to Minnesota, when Carolina went to the air to play catch up. Stewart scored a TD that week to save owners, and he has been getting goal line work every week.

I think his touches will remain anywhere between 12 - 17 per game for the remainder of the season, including the goal line work. That makes him more than serviceable as an RB2.

maybe a 12 team league. anything less and I think were still at the point of the season where a 50/50 RBBC is just not a RB2. 12-17 carries will be 50-60 yards and then you are hoping for that td. Theres some consistency there but your playing hoping for the bomb week, which is hit or miss with the RBBC situation, or may never happen.

even in a 10 team league i dont think there are 20 better options each week, especially with byes/injuries. he's not an ideal RB#2, but he's likely somebody's #2 option...
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikus » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:48 pm

Yes, sorry, I meant for a 12-teamer.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby los locos » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:44 pm

I'm in a 10 team H2H....I really like what Steward has going...and he's been my RB2 lately.
Thanks eagles21
los locos
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby pfwygalways » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:31 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
pfwygalways wrote:
mikus wrote:

even in a 10 team league i dont think there are 20 better options each week, especially with byes/injuries. he's not an ideal RB#2, but he's likely somebody's #2 option...

while overall pts arent necessarily the best indicator, Stewart is 21 in overall pts in my league. The key indicator for me is that there are no players above him that I would use (not considering matchup, just name) but plenty of players below in better situations (i.e Slaton, Jones Drew, Addai, Jacobs). I own him and he falls to 4th on my roster behind S. Jax, Turner, and Slaton. I consider him a close edge over McCain on my team. My previous point is that until his situation improves to getting the bulk of the load, I see him as an ideal flex
12 team/6pts TD/1pt 25yds pass/1pt 10yd r/r
08-09 Champ: Defending my title
QB Cutler
WR R. White, Welker, S. Holmes, D. Hester
RB M. Turner, S. Slaton, D. Brown, L Betts, L Maroney
M. Bush
TE Shockey
K Gotskowski
Def: Dal. (platoon likely)
pfwygalways
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Lung » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:47 pm

Personally, I would be starting Stewart over Slaton.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Guru13 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:04 pm

With the schedule he's got I don't think it's out of the question to expect a TD from him nearly every week, making him a starter in my 12 teamers.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Azrael » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:35 am

The Lung wrote:Personally, I would be starting Stewart over Slaton.

This week or always? And why?

Small sample size but Slaton has scored 17 points both games and now faces a horrible Indy run D. And then he plays Miami, Detroit, and Cinci. Until JStew takes it over fully there is no reason to start him over Slaton. We knew there would be a guy come out of Houston who would produce. The ? always was who. Slaton may not have the body to last the whole year but as long as he's healthy no time sharing backs deserve to start over him.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Favre.com » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:58 pm

Things get cloudy once again, DeAngelo as of now has (and will likely finish) with the best stats of any RB this week, Stewart... not so much.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk