Do Not Start... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Do Not Start...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do Not Start...

Postby howie789 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:56 pm

Carson Palmer as your QB- he has absolutely sucked the last two games. 134 yds and 2 picks= 1 point (in our league)..one f****in point!!!!! He had 2 points last week!!Oh another thing, the Bungles are playing the GIANTS next week! Fohgett about it. Luckily he did not cost me my game.
howie789
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do Not Start...

Postby MMBosstones86 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:42 pm

agreed, 2 weeks in a row hes been terrible for me, luckily the rest of my team has been equally as bad. Yup, next week I think i'm going with cassel, he has to get me more than 1 point right??
MMBosstones86
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby vincentvega722 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:37 am

Palmer is actually holding me back. I usually expect anywhere from 10-20 points out of my QB spot and Palmer is averaging 1.5 points so far in 2 games. That's just ridiculous especially for someone that has a good arm and weapons to throw to.
“Cause there's only one reason for doing anything that you set out to do. If you don't want to be the best, then there's no reason going out and trying to accomplish anything. ”
- Joe Montana
vincentvega722
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby m16a » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:07 am

vincentvega722 wrote:Palmer is actually holding me back. I usually expect anywhere from 10-20 points out of my QB spot and Palmer is averaging 1.5 points so far in 2 games. That's just ridiculous especially for someone that has a good arm and weapons to throw to.

And yet he doesn't. And its not so much he wants to not play well or something along those lines. its more so the fact that the Bungles don't have a run game to make opposing defenses(they let a good, proven runner go in Rudi) there defense isn't keeping them close and the line is terrible. With no need to respect the run and the fact that they can get through the line easily, it makes for a bad combo for Palmer. One can't help but think how he'd do behind a line like the Pats, Eagles, Colts or cowgirls..

At any rate, he's not a good start, a lot of guys are better than he is at this point.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 48)

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:50 am

m16a wrote:
vincentvega722 wrote:Palmer is actually holding me back. I usually expect anywhere from 10-20 points out of my QB spot and Palmer is averaging 1.5 points so far in 2 games. That's just ridiculous especially for someone that has a good arm and weapons to throw to.

And yet he doesn't. And its not so much he wants to not play well or something along those lines. its more so the fact that the Bungles don't have a run game to make opposing defenses(they let a good, proven runner go in Rudi) there defense isn't keeping them close and the line is terrible. With no need to respect the run and the fact that they can get through the line easily, it makes for a bad combo for Palmer. One can't help but think how he'd do behind a line like the Pats, Eagles, Colts or cowgirls..

At any rate, he's not a good start, a lot of guys are better than he is at this point.

They have faced two pretty tough run defenses to start the season in the Ravens and Titans. It doesn't look much better for them this week facing a very tough Giants front seven. I would stay far away from all Bengal players this week.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:41 am

He's actually been sucking ever since the fantasy playoffs last year :-t :-P :~(
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Azrael » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:06 pm

Palmer, Maroney, and CJ are killing me in my 8 man. This week I'm cutting Palmer for Eli.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Niner Memories » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:38 pm

Azrael wrote:Palmer, Maroney, and CJ are killing me in my 8 man. This week I'm cutting Palmer for Eli.

Is it just me, or are there way too many CJs in the league these days.
...and am I the only one that thinks CJ4.24 is a stupid nickname, due to the fact that it takes me longer to type that than his full name(among other, more obvious, reasons)?
Niner Memories
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby fantasizing » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:53 pm

Given that the Bengals will fall behind 35-0 by the end of the 1st quarter, what are the chances that Palmer throws 90 passes the rest of the game in a desperate attempt to make a game out of it? Maybe he's not such a bad start this week given that he will be throwing ALOT. Eventually, he'll have to pile up some passing yrds and an occassional TD or two..

It has to happen eventually. He's averaged over 3500 yrds and more than 25 TDs a season throughout his career.

He cannot just automatically suck all of a sudden.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:00 pm

Niner Memories wrote:
Azrael wrote:Palmer, Maroney, and CJ are killing me in my 8 man. This week I'm cutting Palmer for Eli.

Is it just me, or are there way too many CJs in the league these days.
...and am I the only one that thinks CJ4.24 is a stupid nickname, due to the fact that it takes me longer to type that than his full name(among other, more obvious, reasons)?

The other CJ's are not killing teams.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk