NFL influencing outcomes? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL influencing outcomes?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: NFL influencing outcomes?

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:30 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:The real conspiracy was letting Marty Schottenheimer go!

Amen! You have to wonder if Norv even realizes that LT can catch the ball. I know he's dinged on that toe right now, but for God's sake, get him the ball! :-X
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:04 pm

I didn't read the thread but every sport has officials nudging games in a certain direction. Football has been nudging games the way they would like for years. It's not flat out cheating, usually it's just conveniently missing calls and calling non fouls etc... Some games are blatently obvious like SEA vs PIT superbowl... others aren't as much. I didn't watch this game... but it sucks when your team is on the "bend over and take it" end of it
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby mattUTD20 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:02 pm

They have been influencing games for years. They refer to it as the holding penalty.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Conspiracy theories belong on X-Files and supermarket tabloids. Humans make mistakes, equipment fails. People always wanna read too much into situations. NFL fixing games belongs up there with the Elvis and JFK sightings.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby davidmarver » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:16 pm

That was the best thing that ever happened to a team that wants to win a playoff game.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:20 pm

davidmarver wrote:

That was the best thing that ever happened to a team that wants to win a playoff game.

If Norv can get you to the playoffs. He's doing his best to bungle the job already. :-°
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:30 pm

knapplc wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

If Norv can get you to the playoffs. He's doing his best to bungle the job already. :-°

Yeah, "losing" two games must really hurt Norv. Please, the team should rightfully be 1-1 and would be 2-0 if the young secondary was familiar with a spread defense yet. As it is, there will be a learning curve on defense that'll take a few weeks, much like how the offense required a good amount of time last year to get familiar with the system.

And I'll make sure Norv stops hurting all our players. We can't have our head coach bashing Merriman's knee, stomping on Hardwick's foot, scraping LT's toe, giving Marcus McNeil a neck stinger, hurting Cromartie and Gates' hips, and injecting PEDs into Stephen Cooper. How dare Norv do that!

Knap, you're so off here it's incredible. The Chargers should be 1-1 after shutting out Denver in the second half in a game in which the Broncos had already been spotted 7 points due to an NFL malfunction following that blown call. Philip Rivers has been absolutely unstoppable this season, and that's without two pro-bowl linemen, with a limited best RB ever, and a limited TE. The Chargers -- after considering the actual talent gap shown yesterday -- will overcome this two game deficit, without question, and we'll have Norv to credit for it. Not Marty, whose last playoff victory was before the Jacksonville Jaguars and Carolina Panthers were even NFL teams. Norv.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:37 pm

You're not real familiar with Norv's coaching career, are you david? :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:55 pm

knapplc wrote:You're not real familiar with Norv's coaching career, are you david? :-b

You're not familiar with Bill Belichick's coaching career before New England are you? And, did you know that every team Norv left was worse the following season? Not everyone (or anyone) can have success with Al Davis or Daniel Snyder meddling in football activities.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:59 pm

davidmarver wrote:
knapplc wrote:You're not real familiar with Norv's coaching career, are you david? :-b

You're not familiar with Bill Belichick's coaching career before New England are you? And, did you know that every team Norv left was worse the following season? Not everyone (or anyone) can have success with Al Davis or Daniel Snyder meddling in football activities.

OK. Keep drinking that kool-aid. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk