Anyone... Sick? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Anyone... Sick?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone... Sick?

Postby scrumtalecent » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:18 pm

:*)

It'd be nice to be a fan of just about any other team right now. If I was, and you told me my team would be down 21-0 before halftime in the first and second game of the year, I'd think NO WAY. If I would've been told that the Lions would be down by that margin by halftime, one time being before the first quarter ends, I probably would've believed you.

If you would've said they'd actually take the lead in the fourth quarter, I'd say you're crazy. If you then told me they'd then throw 3 INT's helping Green Bay score the last 27 points of the game, then I probably would've laughed, thought "same ol' Lions", and watched anyway.

Watching made me almost sick. All the other Lion Fans watching it weren't surprised at all either and we all had good laughs about it. Why do we even watch? To see the occasional win? Just because we love football? Well, I like a good movie too (just saw Burn After Reading. Good show, btw), but I'd jab a pencil in my eyes before going to watch "The Women" or some crap like that. There has to be a better product the NFL could put on TV than this garbage. Dear Mr. Marinelli, please don't force me to jab sharp objects into my face. Thank you.
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anyone... Sick?

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:41 am

Dear Scrum,

Please do not poke anything sharper than your elbow in your eye...or is that your ear? I just want you to know that we are a good team, I like the players on this team. They will come back today and start working on next week. Sorry about that "Right here, right now" crap. I should have said next week we start to win. But "Not now, next week" just didn't have the same sizzle to it. You know I am nothing if not mad sizzle. Anyway, getting sidetracked, gotta stay on task and pound the rock. We came back and had our first lead of the season...and that's good. Then our D gave it up like a $2-dollar whore, if I could quote Johnny Morton. But they did play well in the third quarter..and that's good. But don't think about the game you just saw. Remember: Not now, next week! Believe in next week!.
And please don't poke anything into your eyes until you have time to watch the tape. And don't rush to judgement. A football team cannot be rebuilt in only 7 years!
Sincerely, your favorite rock pounder, NimRod Marinelli.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:54 am

I still don't honestly know what to say......so, stay tuned %-6
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:22 pm

one game closer to winning my $50 5 wins or less bet ;-D no way they can go 6-8 down the stretch
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:20 am

OK, here goes what I saw. I haven't had the time to put things down clearly, so I may jump around a bit:

Pre-game - Myself and the guys that I go to the game with decided that the game was going to be a blowout, but we couldn't decide who was going to be on the winning end. It could have been either the Lions or the Packers in our mind.

The stadium - I was surprised to not see as many Packer fans as I thought there would be. Sure, there were a lot, but they have always traveled well. There were not the huge groups throughout the stadium and rarely did I hear any real loud cheering from them. The place was for the most part full, but the club level seats were very empty (those do not count for the blackout).

The game - It was nice to see that they showed up for the first series, which had me a little excited that we may be on the winning end. The D-line started the game real good getting pressure. The LBs were making tackles and it was at the LOS, not 10 yards down field. The Lions showed up for the game and GB would be put in 3rd and longs almost every set of downs and end up converting a huge play. Typical Lions. The Lions were able to move the ball at times, while other drives stalled. Kitna was throwing behind his WRs all game. If he hits a couple in stride, it could have been a different game. This in the end is what I thought caused us to lose the game. During the comeback, we had to settle for FGs instead of TDs. It has happened before, most notably in the GB game last year. If we can actually put the ball in the end zone, I think we have a chance :^ Other contributing factors, obviously the Kitna picks 6(both of them), the defense giving up the 3rd and long after we took the lead, with the long pass to Jennings.

I was surprised to see how many people were still in the stands until the 4th Q. There were some boos throughout the game, but the first Fire Millen chants came just before half-time. They got really loud just before the comeback, with about 3 minutes to go in the 3rd.

Like I mentioned, Kitna had a lot of bad passes, some that ended up being caught, but could have gone on for bigger gains. The TD to CJ2 was behind him. The WRs did have a problem getting open, but some of that may have also been the O-line. Early during one series, Kitna was sacked, but I was watching the WRs, as soon as they got out 5 yards I heard the whistle and Kitna was taken down, they didn't even have a chance to go into their breaks.

Just when you think they have a chance and have turned a corner they go and rip your heart out of your chest. Right after they took the lead, we all looked at each other, with the crowd going crazy and said, just wait, there is still a lot of game to be played, and unfortunately it happened again.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Return to Detroit Lions