Rookie RBs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Rookie RBs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rookie RBs

Postby Netsfan5 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:06 pm

Who improves and who settles?

I think Chris Johnson is bound to keep improving and will be the best of the class unless McFadden gets more touches.

Forte has looked good both weeks.

Is Stewart now the Carolina goalline back?

Hightower?

Kevin Smith?
Image
Netsfan5
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 563
Joined: 12 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Rookie RBs

Postby mdHARRIS » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:08 pm

Netsfan5 wrote:Who improves and who settles?

I think Chris Johnson is bound to keep improving and will be the best of the class unless McFadden gets more touches.

Forte has looked good both weeks.

Is Stewart now the Carolina goalline back?

Hightower?

Kevin Smith?


I think Chris Johnson is going to be eilte soon enough. Not sold on McFadden. Do like J.Stewart too.
mdHARRIS
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 67
Joined: 31 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lincoln

Re: Rookie RBs

Postby siQ_innovation » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:14 am

Netsfan5 wrote:Who improves and who settles?

I think Chris Johnson is bound to keep improving and will be the best of the class unless McFadden gets more touches.

Forte has looked good both weeks.

Is Stewart now the Carolina goalline back?

Hightower?

Kevin Smith?


D.Mac had a monster day with Fargas out today. D.Mac could be looking to a possible feature back load with only michael bush in the backfield with him if Fargas goes out for a long period of time with his groin. Chris Johnson has showed his stuff but I think it's D.Mac's time now. I also like Forte and Smith. Not too sold on Stewart and Hightower yet. Maybe in due time.
Image
siQ_innovation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 129
Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Southern California

Re: Rookie RBs

Postby AllDay » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:46 am

I think Stewart is going to be the fantasy rookie RB I'd target.

He looks to be inheriting the starter role, and S Smith comes back so teams will have to respect the passing game some. I think he also fits the mold the team is looking for as a feature RB.

CJ is fast - but I worry about his size and maybe getting hurt. Plus I don't see him getting the goal line carries.

Run DMC looks like he is going to be great - but I wonder about the Raiders offense and his production from game to game. Maybe he's the next Peterson, maybe he's on a bad Oakland team and he'll struggle.

Forte should be solid - but they have no offense to help spread the field and 1/4 of his season is against MIN/GB.

K Smith will get a lot of carries but I don't think he is special. He does benefit from a strong passing game so he should be useful.

Mendenhall should be the goal line guy if he doesn't fumble the chance away. With FWP and Mewelde I don't see the touches to make him anything more than a fantasy plan C (at best).

Hightower has Edge ahead of him. Slaton has depth issues. Ray Rice struggled and has an overpaid under-motivated injury risk ahead of him. Darkhorse possibilities I suppose.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 240
Joined: 18 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rookie RBs

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:32 am

CJ4.24 has been my favorite, and the exciting part is I think he is putting up average games right now, I think his potential allows for him to have some huge games, I mean he hasn't even had his 1st rushing TD yet and I'm pretty sure he will be racking up some long TD runs...He's averaging 5.9 yds per carry, thats VERY impressive for someone averaging 18 carries a game.


Stewart has been second on my list, and he will get more hype the games he has like these...I knew it was only a matter of time and I think sooner then later we see him start to take command of that backfield..If anything, he ran very well in short yardage and goal line versus a tough Bears defense, that could open the door to him being very productive in most weeks...Keep an eye on him next week, he faces Minnesota and if he runs well versus that front four that could go a long way with his role in the offense.


Run DMC I'm still not sold on yet, it was the Chiefs, and I want to see how long Fargas is out...Oakland has to show they can actually move the ball in the air versus a good team, what happens when its weeks like when they faced Denver when they get behind fast and can't throw? I'd sell high this week.
Image
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Re: Rookie RBs

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:40 am

Chris Johnson followed by Jonathan Stewart are definitely the two most exciting Rookie RB to me, right now. Huge potential with both, and both are already showing flashes of high-level performance.
Image
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 874
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Jumping The Snap

Re: Rookie RBs

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:10 am

I like the way J Stew was used Sunday. If he is emerging to be the next to unseat DeAngelo Williams he does seem to get the TD calls. Priceless in FFB.
McFadden looks to be real, but he will have to split and may lose goal line carries to Bush.
CJ4.24 is electric, but will lost goal line work to LeWhale.
Forte looks pretty good and will have many fine days. Feature back who shouldn't lose too many carries to K Jones.
Hightower is the vulture in Zona. Good value.
Kevin Smith looks like a Lions draft pick. Not that good.
Mendenhall looks like a waste for this year.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16302
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Rookie RBs

Postby spodog » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:24 pm

My rookie RB rankings after 2 weeks of real action:

;-D ;-D ;-D
1. McFadden - looking like he will now own starting role, but OAK won't post the numbers they posted against KC every week
2. C Johnson - lightning fast. TEN's improved DEF will mean they will be running the ball a lot more in Q3 and Q4 of games this yr
3. Forte - solid starter right now, no reason to belive that will change
4. J Stewart - looking like he could take over starting role

;-D ;-D
5. Mendenhall - hold on to him or trade for him. Little value now, but will have late in the year
6. Felix Jones - some believe best ARK running back coming into the draft, plenty of upside, plays on great team

;-D
7. Hightower - eh, need to see more, not sold on this guy yet, but always good to be backing up an aging, injury prone starter
8. Jamaal Charles - LJ now whining about his role, and KC anxious to get this speedy rookie more involved in the offense
9. Ray Rice

:-o = Sweat it out and wait
10. Pierre Thomas
11. Fred Jackson
12. Ryan Torrain - Don't be surprised to still see this guy rushing for 130 ypg in late November, after return from INJ

:-t
13. Slaton - playing in the toughest division in football
14. Kevin Smith - It's Detroit. 8-o
Image
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4058
Joined: 21 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At my trailer on the beach in Malibu

Re: Rookie RBs

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:11 pm

spodog wrote:My rookie RB rankings after 2 weeks of real action:

;-D ;-D ;-D
1. McFadden - looking like he will now own starting role, but OAK won't post the numbers they posted against KC every week
2. C Johnson - lightning fast. TEN's improved DEF will mean they will be running the ball a lot more in Q3 and Q4 of games this yr
3. Forte - solid starter right now, no reason to belive that will change
4. J Stewart - looking like he could take over starting role

;-D ;-D
5. Mendenhall - hold on to him or trade for him. Little value now, but will have late in the year
6. Felix Jones - some believe best ARK running back coming into the draft, plenty of upside, plays on great team

;-D
7. Hightower - eh, need to see more, not sold on this guy yet, but always good to be backing up an aging, injury prone starter
8. Jamaal Charles - LJ now whining about his role, and KC anxious to get this speedy rookie more involved in the offense
9. Ray Rice

:-o = Sweat it out and wait
10. Pierre Thomas
11. Fred Jackson
12. Ryan Torrain - Don't be surprised to still see this guy rushing for 130 ypg in late November, after return from INJ

:-t
13. Slaton - playing in the toughest division in football
14. Kevin Smith - It's Detroit. 8-o



Are these dynasty or redraft rankings, or just your preference? Because you can move Mendenhall waaaaay down who is just a kick returner and hasn't looked good in that being his only role, give me Tashard Choice over him at this point who has ran the bell better in pre-season and in the opener, and has also blocked a punt and made quite a few special teams tackles, Mendy has no value other then his draft position.


Kevin Smith being last doesn't surprise me as he is terribly underrated around here(yes I know Det sucks but the guy is producing pretty solid for lack of line and committment to the running game), but I like Pierre a little more then most, he is going to carve out a role in that offense pretty soon, but Hightower may have the most upside, he is built like a future feature back for the Cards, now that remains to be seen but when Edge is done he is in a fine position to take over the reigns.


As far as McFadden maybe its just me but he wasn't that impressive, did anyone else notice him get caught from behind(not an angle, directly from behind) by a D lineman, and then fumble the ball out of bounds...Every highlight I saw he didn't maky many people miss, the holes were gaping wide, now he is talented, but I really don't think he's near the top 3 or 4 rookie backs this year(CJ4.24, Stewart, Forte, Felix)...In limited play Felix Jones has looked alot better and looks as if his game translates better then McFadden, we won't see him get 20 carries anytime soon so that could be argued but he is lightning in a bottle and I see alot more elusiveness in him then McFadden.
Image
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Re: Rookie RBs

Postby fantasizing » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:36 pm

LS2throwed wrote:

As far as McFadden maybe its just me but he wasn't that impressive, did anyone else notice him get caught from behind(not an angle, directly from behind) by a D lineman, and then fumble the ball out of bounds...Every highlight I saw he didn't maky many people miss, the holes were gaping wide, now he is talented, but I really don't think he's near the top 3 or 4 rookie backs this year(CJ4.24, Stewart, Forte, Felix)...In limited play Felix Jones has looked alot better and looks as if his game translates better then McFadden, we won't see him get 20 carries anytime soon so that could be argued but he is lightning in a bottle and I see alot more elusiveness in him then McFadden.
[/quote]

For what its worth, according to Kiffin, DMac was playing with turf toe the entire game, which slowed him down.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1673
Joined: 30 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 22:52 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact