Rookie RBs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rookie RBs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Rookie RBs

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:57 pm

Armchair Quarterback wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:@spodog

What's wrong with Pierre Thomas and Fred Jackson? Thomas looks like he'll get a majority of the goal line carries since McAllister is not really healthy, and Jackson is getting most if not all of the passing down carries so he would be a decent PPR option, not to mention if Bush or Lynch went down, those 2 guys have shown they can be pretty good

They aren't rookies.

Pierre Thomas was signed as an undrafted free agent in 2007 and Fred Jackson was originally signed as an undrafted free agent in 2004 by the NIFL's Sioux City Bandits, making stops in the UIFL and NFL Europe before debuting for the Bills last year.

I know they aren't rookies, but spodog had them under the "Sweat it out and wait" section, and I think they are doing just fine so far as back ups.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:11 pm

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:
spodog wrote:My rookie RB rankings after 2 weeks of real action:

;-D ;-D ;-D
1. McFadden - looking like he will now own starting role, but OAK won't post the numbers they posted against KC every week
2. C Johnson - lightning fast. TEN's improved DEF will mean they will be running the ball a lot more in Q3 and Q4 of games this yr
3. Forte - solid starter right now, no reason to belive that will change
4. J Stewart - looking like he could take over starting role

;-D ;-D
5. Mendenhall - hold on to him or trade for him. Little value now, but will have late in the year
6. Felix Jones - some believe best ARK running back coming into the draft, plenty of upside, plays on great team

;-D
7. Hightower - eh, need to see more, not sold on this guy yet, but always good to be backing up an aging, injury prone starter
8. Jamaal Charles - LJ now whining about his role, and KC anxious to get this speedy rookie more involved in the offense
9. Ray Rice

:-o = Sweat it out and wait
10. Pierre Thomas
11. Fred Jackson
12. Ryan Torrain - Don't be surprised to still see this guy rushing for 130 ypg in late November, after return from INJ

:-t
13. Slaton - playing in the toughest division in football
14. Kevin Smith - It's Detroit. 8-o

Ummm... Sorry, but you do realize that Pierre Thomas and Fred Jackson arent rookies right? Thomas was a rookie last year and Jackson has been around for a couple years, and had like 500 yards last year.

That and put me in the "Don't believe in CJs hype" camp. He might wind up to be great, but not for long. He just doesnt have the body for any sustained success.

Warrick Dunn and his over 10,000 yards rushing agrees
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:24 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Bobbleheadrusty wrote:
spodog wrote:My rookie RB rankings after 2 weeks of real action:

;-D ;-D ;-D
1. McFadden - looking like he will now own starting role, but OAK won't post the numbers they posted against KC every week
2. C Johnson - lightning fast. TEN's improved DEF will mean they will be running the ball a lot more in Q3 and Q4 of games this yr
3. Forte - solid starter right now, no reason to belive that will change
4. J Stewart - looking like he could take over starting role

;-D ;-D
5. Mendenhall - hold on to him or trade for him. Little value now, but will have late in the year
6. Felix Jones - some believe best ARK running back coming into the draft, plenty of upside, plays on great team

;-D
7. Hightower - eh, need to see more, not sold on this guy yet, but always good to be backing up an aging, injury prone starter
8. Jamaal Charles - LJ now whining about his role, and KC anxious to get this speedy rookie more involved in the offense
9. Ray Rice

:-o = Sweat it out and wait
10. Pierre Thomas
11. Fred Jackson
12. Ryan Torrain - Don't be surprised to still see this guy rushing for 130 ypg in late November, after return from INJ

:-t
13. Slaton - playing in the toughest division in football
14. Kevin Smith - It's Detroit. 8-o

Ummm... Sorry, but you do realize that Pierre Thomas and Fred Jackson arent rookies right? Thomas was a rookie last year and Jackson has been around for a couple years, and had like 500 yards last year.

That and put me in the "Don't believe in CJs hype" camp. He might wind up to be great, but not for long. He just doesnt have the body for any sustained success.

Warrick Dunn and his over 10,000 yards rushing agrees

Warrick Dunn and CJ have very different approaches to running the ball.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:
Warrick Dunn and CJ have very different approaches to running the ball.

Really? What is the difference? I have watched Dunn his whole career and other then CJ4.24 being faster than Dunn, and being more of a hime run threat, they have pretty similar styles to me.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby hickdubious » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:22 pm

Does anyone think Mendenhall is droppable in a 12 team league? He's been a waste of space so far this year.
hickdubious
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:02 am

hickdubious wrote:Does anyone think Mendenhall is droppable in a 12 team league? He's been a waste of space so far this year.

I dropped him in a 10 team league where you can start 2 RBs + a flex. So.. yes? I would rather have waiver wire pickups Sproles and MBush.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Lung » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:58 am

hickdubious wrote:Does anyone think Mendenhall is droppable in a 12 team league? He's been a waste of space so far this year.

FYI, according to coach Tomlin, Mendenhall was expected to get some carries in Week 2, but Willie Parker's solid performance changed the plans. In all likelihood, it was probably due to being a very close game and Tomlin did not want to risk a fumble.

Unless you are a Parker owner, I think you can safely drop Mendenhall in shallower (10-team) leagues and those with a small amount bench spots, especially when bye weeks are here. However, if you are in a deep league with a lot of bench spots, I highly recommend keeping Mendy on your roster "just in case."
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Previous

Return to Football Talk