Yahoo! FF League rules/functionality question. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Yahoo! FF League rules/functionality question. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo! FF League rules/functionality question. WHIR

Postby skinny d » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:42 am

Not sure exactly where to post this, but here goes:

Disclaimer: Yes, I've already won my head-to-head matchup this week by a slim margin: 4+ points.

But I had Kevin Walter (game PPD) or Reggie Brown (Questionable and good chance he won't play / contribute) as my third WR, so I dropped a player today and picked up Hank Baskett. The problem: I can't put him into the starting lineup for tonight in place of Walter/Brown even though the game has not been played. The roster move will only reflect for Week 3. I thought at first this was because I had dropped a guy I started this week (TE Rosario) to pick up Baskett. So then I went to try to drop a bench player for Greg Lewis. I didn't finish the roster move because it again said the move would not be reflected until Week 3? What am I missing here?

I know I've won my weekly matchup, but the overall points factor in as well in the league standings. And God forbid I was losing right now and really needed these points for a win.

Can someone enlighten me? I looked in the rules, and can't seem to find anything. And contacting Yahoo! is worthless, as they won't get back to until like 24 hours later at the earliest...

Sorry if this is the wrong thread...delete if needed.
skinny d
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo! FF League rules/functionality question. WHIR

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:49 pm

Yeh, once the games starts, any pickups will only show up on the following weeks roster. You can sub in someone off your bench if neither players' game has started yet, but that's it.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Beginner's Forum