Too much Domination - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Too much Domination

Moderator: Football Moderators

Too much Domination

Postby BigMusky » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:51 am

anyone else in a casual league where you have dominated so much that no one will ever make a trade with you? It has gotten so bad that now people will put guys in there starting lineup just because I attempted to trade for them. Our league set up a new waiver rule this year too to stop me from picking up game day FA's. Everyone goes on waivers and worst team in league gets free shot.

With LdT hurt, Colston hurt, Gates hurt and Derek Anderson blowing chunks I might finish last this year!!!

I thought Anderson in the 8th round was a good deal, I guess not.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Too much Domination

Postby dream_017 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:20 am

BigMusky wrote:anyone else in a casual league where you have dominated so much that no one will ever make a trade with you? It has gotten so bad that now people will put guys in there starting lineup just because I attempted to trade for them. Our league set up a new waiver rule this year too to stop me from picking up game day FA's. Everyone goes on waivers and worst team in league gets free shot.

With LdT hurt, Colston hurt, Gates hurt and Derek Anderson blowing chunks I might finish last this year!!!

I see nothing wrong with that waiver process. So because I go to the games, I don't a shot at a back-up when someone gets hurt :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Armchair Quarterback » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:25 am

dream_017 wrote:
BigMusky wrote:anyone else in a casual league where you have dominated so much that no one will ever make a trade with you? It has gotten so bad that now people will put guys in there starting lineup just because I attempted to trade for them. Our league set up a new waiver rule this year too to stop me from picking up game day FA's. Everyone goes on waivers and worst team in league gets free shot.

I see nothing wrong with that waiver process. So because I go to the games, I don't a shot at a back-up when someone gets hurt :-?

I agree, that's how waivers SHOULD be, in my opinion. You shouldn't penalize managers who have lives and can't/choose not to sit at their computer like a hawk all day...
Armchair Quarterback
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:27 am

It's only week 2, you have plenty of time to win ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:18 pm

I do not care about the waiver process except that it was put in place specifically to hurt me...which I thought was funny.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:19 pm

BigMusky wrote:I do not care about the waiver process except that it was put in place specifically to hurt me...which I thought was funny.

Eh. That may be bravado talking, unless somebody out and said as much. Weekend Waiver rules are very commonplace, and I really am bothered by leagues without them. As a Jets season ticket holder, there's 8 weeks during the season where I am absolutely not available to be at a computer during Sunday's games, and should not be penalized for such, as it is not reflective of my ability as a fantasy player.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:30 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
BigMusky wrote:I do not care about the waiver process except that it was put in place specifically to hurt me...which I thought was funny.

Eh. That may be bravado talking, unless somebody out and said as much. Weekend Waiver rules are very commonplace, and I really am bothered by leagues without them. As a Jets season ticket holder, there's 8 weeks during the season where I am absolutely not available to be at a computer during Sunday's games, and should not be penalized for such, as it is not reflective of my ability as a fantasy player.

Yes, they are. In fact, MY league didn't have a waiver period for a long time. I took advantage of it all the time, since I tend to be online more than most people in my league. Finally I decided it just wasn't fair, so I put the rule in myself. Now we run waviers like 90% of other leagues - you submit your pick and you get what you get when waivers process on Thursday.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:56 pm

Eh. That may be bravado talking, unless somebody out and said as much.

they did...but whatever. It is not like I am some genius compared to people on here, but I do spend more time on it then people in my leagues so I am way more informed.

I guess the thing that really made me post on this is when I was unsuccessful trading for a guys backup QB and then he decided to start him this week just because I tried to trade for him. I just thought to myself, this season is going to suck if I can not make any moves.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby chchelse » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:19 pm

I get this all the time. My latest trade offer was turned down with this explanation: if you want them then I want them. The price of success I guess..........
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SLAMLLC » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:38 pm

I totally get your problem. I try to watch trends and capitalize on others problems. I have guys that get to 2-6 in my leagues and I try to make them trades to better their rosters and they would rather keep losing than look like they made a bad decision in a trade. At 2-6 you need to win out to make the playoffs. Trades don't have to be equal face value to improve your overall team. Most people don't see this.
Because I am usually quite successful about 50% of the owners wouldn't trade me if I offered them LT for Leon Washington. Another 25% would only trade with me if I obviously way overpay for what I want. Which leaves 25% who I actuall have a fair chance with. In my 12 team leagues that means about 2 other guys who actually "get it" and we can actually make some deals. It actually takes a lot of the fun out of the league.

I just don't get those guys who are 2-6 and give you the "I want to wait and see what happens" Wait until when? Your season is over!
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk