Jay Cutler - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jay Cutler

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Jay Cutler

Postby treat24 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:35 pm

quack quack wrote:I thought my qb's were my only weak spot with Cutler and Rogers :-°

rodgers has played 2 of the 3 worst pass defenses in the NFL from last year so far... his numbers are a bit inflated right now, but he is looking decent. Nice that he got some easy pass D's to start the season with.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:38 pm

treat24 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:He is making my Cutler in top 5 of QB's pick look very good

remember who the other cafe guy that loved cutler this year was? :-D

Yep :-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:09 pm

treat24 wrote:rodgers has played 2 of the 3 worst pass defenses in the NFL from last year so far... his numbers are a bit inflated right now, but he is looking decent. Nice that he got some easy pass D's to start the season with.

He has, but he has looked really good as well. He has an accurate arm and he has made good decisions, and they're not making him keep the training wheels on, either. It seems like they've given him the whole playbook, and so far he has responded pretty well.

We'll see what happens when he plays some tougher defenses, but for now, those of us who passed on him are kicking ourselves.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:33 pm

i'm trying to find a way to buy high on Cutler
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SLAMLLC » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:39 pm

I assume you have both Cutler and Romo? If that is the case, check to see how you are doing. If you are winning each week and rolling along stay put. Keep them both. One hit and a QB can be gone for the year. If you have a glaring weakness and are struggling then trade Romo away. The QB's will become more and more valuable as your season progresses and more QB injuries happen.
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Anderson, Palmer, Brady & Peyton I think he moves ahead of, and I could easily see him outscore Romo & Brees this year also...This guy has a cannon and that offense is really pass first at this point...He has weapons everywhere and Shanny is really opening things up for him and he's played like an all-pro so far, talk about break out season...I targeted him in quite a few redrafts, and couldn't be happier, I was leary of having Cutler, Marshall, & Scheffler all on my main redraft league but its paid huge dividends up to this point.

If they don't slow down this pace I'm starting all 3 guys from here on out, Cutler looks like a top 3 QB this year, not only is he throwing 3 and 4 TD's a game but he's not making alot of mistakes with the football, he was GREAT value this year in almost every draft to get this type of production since you probably stacked up on WR's and RB's earlier.

Wish I had went after him in a dynasty or 2 because I'm going to hate parting ways with him this year but I fully believe the Broncos are going to carry me into the playoffs this year, the Chargers don't have Merriman but they shredded them with 30 points in the first half alone, skys the limit for all their offensive skill player positions(outside of RB) which ironically look like they have 3 players(maybe 4 if you count Royal) that look like they are having a breakout season this year.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby AngryLionsFAn » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:30 am

God bless that man. I drafted Brady 8th overall, and took Cutler as a backup. I thought I was totally screwed when Brady went down, but now I'm starting to feel a pretty stable with my team. I hate to have 3 Broncos on my team (Cutler, Marshall, Royal) but if this offense keeps rolling the way it has been so far, I'm feeling pretty good. I guess I look at it the same way as my Dallas dominant team (Romo, T.O.). It's a beautiful thing when Romo throws a TD at to Owens and I jump 12 pts. instantly.
AngryLionsFAn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Football Talk