Week 4 Games Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 4 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 4 Games Talk

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:04 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
knapplc wrote:Florida/Tennessee is always a good game. I'll catch some of that one for sure. LSU/Auburn should be good. I haven't seen either team yet this year. I don't expect UGA to have too much trouble with ASU, and frankly, I don't care about the Wake/FSU game. I can't believe Wake Forest is getting so much respect from the pollsters.

Why is that? They have an efficient QB, play good fundamental football, and have a good defense? Whats wrong with where they are ranked? They are a pretty solid football team. I expect them to win this game against FSU outright.

For the record, my money is where my mouth is. Wake +4 ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:02 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
knapplc wrote:Florida/Tennessee is always a good game. I'll catch some of that one for sure. LSU/Auburn should be good. I haven't seen either team yet this year. I don't expect UGA to have too much trouble with ASU, and frankly, I don't care about the Wake/FSU game. I can't believe Wake Forest is getting so much respect from the pollsters.

Why is that? They have an efficient QB, play good fundamental football, and have a good defense? Whats wrong with where they are ranked? They are a pretty solid football team. I expect them to win this game against FSU outright.

I got to see them up close and personal each of the last two years when they played Nebraska. They were pretty unimpressive both times.

Yeah, I know, that was then and this is a different team. But Grobe and their QB (what'shisname) don't exactly thrill me.

I was probably a smidge over the top in my blurb, but the fact remains that I'm not overly impressed. We'll see if they prove me wrong.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:19 am

knapplc wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

I got to see them up close and personal each of the last two years when they played Nebraska. They were pretty unimpressive both times.

Yeah, I know, that was then and this is a different team. But Grobe and their QB (what'shisname) don't exactly thrill me.

I was probably a smidge over the top in my blurb, but the fact remains that I'm not overly impressed. We'll see if they prove me wrong.

Riley Skinner ;-D

I like them because they aren't overly flashy, but just play sound fundamental football. They always look like they are going to lose, but seem to pull it out in the end. They make the right decisions at the right time and the guys on the team seem to believe in each other and the system.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:10 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
knapplc wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Riley Skinner ;-D

I like them because they aren't overly flashy, but just play sound fundamental football. They always look like they are going to lose, but seem to pull it out in the end. They make the right decisions at the right time and the guys on the team seem to believe in each other and the system.

Yes. They're much like KU in that regard.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:22 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:

Hopefully this week at FSU they don't play like KU did last week at USF :-o

wait, they would only lose by three :-? :-b :-B
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:52 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:

KU played pretty well at USF last week, with the exception of a flat third quarter. USF is a pretty decent team, worthy of their rank. Kansas shouldn't be downgraded too much for losing to a good team in a night game at their house.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:00 pm

knapplc wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:

KU played pretty well at USF last week, with the exception of a flat third quarter. USF is a pretty decent team, worthy of their rank. Kansas shouldn't be downgraded too much for losing to a good team in a night game at their house.

I just meant the outcome of the game :-b

I agree about KU though. I watched that game from start to finish and both teams looked real solid. KU held Selvie in check almost all game and moved the ball at will for a good portion of the game against a good defense. USF always plays very tough in home, night games, against top opponents. I saw a lot of people picking Kansas in that game and I just kept saying to ask how WVU, LOU, and RUT all fared coming into that stadium at night with a high ranking. They were crushed and that was when USF wasn't as good as they are now
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:15 am

Week 4 Rankings are up ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:13 pm

5 to watch from Rivals
So last week's "Game to Watch" was a flop. Thanks again, Ohio State. Way to show up on the national stage.

Hopefully, this week's top games will be more exciting. And picking the top game of the week is at least open for debate.

Is it Florida-Tennessee, the first conference game for both teams? Is it Wake Forest-Florida State, a game that could perhaps resurrect interest in the ACC? If you're hosting a defensive clinic, the choice would be LSU-Auburn. And you could make a case for the East-West showdown between Georgia and Arizona State, especially if your selective memory omits the Sun Devils' loss to UNLV.

Between key conference games and a few major non-conference matchups, it is sure to be a week that sets the tone for the rest of the season.

(Note: If you're wondering why Boise State-Oregon isn't listed, it's available only if you live in Oregon. For some reason, the first meeting between the teams is only available locally or – for a price – online.)

Sorry Met :,-(

Rest of the article:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=851255
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:23 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:5 to watch from Rivals
So last week's "Game to Watch" was a flop. Thanks again, Ohio State. Way to show up on the national stage.

Hopefully, this week's top games will be more exciting. And picking the top game of the week is at least open for debate.

Is it Florida-Tennessee, the first conference game for both teams? Is it Wake Forest-Florida State, a game that could perhaps resurrect interest in the ACC? If you're hosting a defensive clinic, the choice would be LSU-Auburn. And you could make a case for the East-West showdown between Georgia and Arizona State, especially if your selective memory omits the Sun Devils' loss to UNLV.

Between key conference games and a few major non-conference matchups, it is sure to be a week that sets the tone for the rest of the season.

(Note: If you're wondering why Boise State-Oregon isn't listed, it's available only if you live in Oregon. For some reason, the first meeting between the teams is only available locally or – for a price – online.)

Sorry Met :,-(

Rest of the article:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=851255

Yeah that super lame....what's the online price and where do I buy? :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to College Football