Re: Week 4 Games Talk

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:59 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
The Lung wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Back to back picks by FSU QB

They are TERRIBLE

FIVE interceptions thrown by FSU!

7 turnovers

I was one of the only people who did not have them in my top 30. They played 2 DII schools and dominated them and everyone was impressed. I agree they are better off without Weatherford and will be better defensively when they get the rest of their starters back, but they looked AWFUL on offense. Wake's defense is good, but wow. They have to play COL in JAX next week too.

They turned the ball over 7 times, several times in their own red zone, and they didn't let Wake in the end zone a single time, despite not having all their starters. That defense is going to keep them in most games. If they can get some semblance of offense going, they are going to win a lot of ball games in that weak conference. However, to say they have QB issues would be a hell of an understatement. X-I
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:33 am

bigh0rt wrote:They turned the ball over 7 times, several times in their own red zone, and they didn't let Wake in the end zone a single time, despite not having all their starters. That defense is going to keep them in most games. If they can get some semblance of offense going, they are going to win a lot of ball games in that weak conference. However, to say they have QB issues would be a hell of an understatement. X-I

That is true, but IMO a lot of that had to do with Wake mistakes and not FSU stopping them. Wake missed 2 wide open guys that would have walked into the end zone, pulled themselves out of the red zone with penalties, and Skinner fumbled on the 2 yard line because he held the ball in his wrong hand. I agree their defense is going to be good when they have all their starters back and should keep them in games against ACC teams, but if the offense plays like that they are going to have a long year. With that said, Wake's defense is very underrated IMO, so maybe it was part defense and part their bad offense.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:30 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Darron Thomas the silver lining though ;-D

Yeah but it wouldn't surprise me to see the Ducks go back to playing musical QB's. :-t

I do love that Thomas is that skilled a freshman. ;-D

Yea man, he was a highly touted guy in HS. I remember thinking he could really excel in that system when I was watching his rivals film ;-D

You guys ge another Dixon, but maybe better 8-o

Dixon didn't get any serious game time till his senior year and didn't really start playing well till his senior season....Thomas looks like he's ready right now.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby VaderFin » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:38 pm

So how sad is this.....this is the first time my favorite college and NFL teams have won in the same week since....I can't even remember that's how long. :-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:36 pm

VaderFin wrote:So how sad is this.....this is the first time my favorite college and NFL teams have won in the same week since....I can't even remember that's how long. :-D

Well, that doesn't have THAT much to do with your college team ;-)

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby VaderFin » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:10 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
VaderFin wrote:So how sad is this.....this is the first time my favorite college and NFL teams have won in the same week since....I can't even remember that's how long. :-D

Well, that doesn't have THAT much to do with your college team ;-)

True but they didn't exactly help. :-b
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:10 am

Yates done for the season for the Heels

Sucks for them, without him they are done. Miami is going to beat them this week by a good number
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to College Football