Week 4 Games Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 4 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 4 Games Talk

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:36 pm

Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:5 to watch from Rivals
So last week's "Game to Watch" was a flop. Thanks again, Ohio State. Way to show up on the national stage.

Hopefully, this week's top games will be more exciting. And picking the top game of the week is at least open for debate.

Is it Florida-Tennessee, the first conference game for both teams? Is it Wake Forest-Florida State, a game that could perhaps resurrect interest in the ACC? If you're hosting a defensive clinic, the choice would be LSU-Auburn. And you could make a case for the East-West showdown between Georgia and Arizona State, especially if your selective memory omits the Sun Devils' loss to UNLV.

Between key conference games and a few major non-conference matchups, it is sure to be a week that sets the tone for the rest of the season.

(Note: If you're wondering why Boise State-Oregon isn't listed, it's available only if you live in Oregon. For some reason, the first meeting between the teams is only available locally or – for a price – online.)

Sorry Met :,-(

Rest of the article:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=851255

Yeah that super lame....what's the online price and where do I buy? :-?

Not sure bro. I would check the Duck home page
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:33 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:5 to watch from Rivals

Sorry Met :,-(

Rest of the article:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=851255

Yeah that super lame....what's the online price and where do I buy? :-?

Not sure bro. I would check the Duck home page

The home page offers a year package which is like $80 bucks, or a month to month package which is $9.99 a month. They both offer video and audio but I wonder has anybody ever watched a game live on the computer? Does it suck? :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:41 pm

Metroid wrote:The home page offers a year package which is like $80 bucks, or a month to month package which is $9.99 a month. They both offer video and audio but I wonder has anybody ever watched a game live on the computer? Does it suck? :-?

I ahve watched them on the computer before and they are pretty good. Better than not watching the game ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:44 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Metroid wrote:The home page offers a year package which is like $80 bucks, or a month to month package which is $9.99 a month. They both offer video and audio but I wonder has anybody ever watched a game live on the computer? Does it suck? :-?

I ahve watched them on the computer before and they are pretty good. Better than not watching the game ;-D

True. :-b

only 10 bucks for a month, I suppose that's worth it. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:51 pm

I had to turn ESPN off. They're just brutal.

K-State faked a punt deep in their own territory, and converted. The very next play, Freeman throws a pick - threw it right to the defender, about five yards away from his WR.

Mark May's reaction? "Yep. Shoulda punted the ball."

Seriously? THIS is the guy they want covering games? :-t
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:56 pm

knapplc wrote:I had to turn ESPN off. They're just brutal.

K-State faked a punt deep in their own territory, and converted. The very next play, Freeman throws a pick - threw it right to the defender, about five yards away from his WR.

Mark May's reaction? "Yep. Shoulda punted the ball."

Yeah that reminds me of when I was watching the Michigan game last week. There was an overturned call on the field, and I don't remember the technicalities, but the result was needing to replay the previous play. The announcers went on and on for the next 5 minutes about how Michigan was so fortunate that there was an inadvertent whistle (never actually happened) and that they got to redo the play. Later on, the said Mesko, the Michigan punter, had a booming punt. I had stepped away for a moment so I watched the replay. The punt went 25 yards before going out of bounds. A complete shank. My point? Most college announcers, aside from the very top ones, are terrible. Unless you're watching a featured game on ABC or CBS you will run into awful announcing.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ShoelessJoe » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:12 am

knapplc wrote:Mark May's reaction? "Yep. Shoulda punted the ball."

Lou Holtz' analysis of USC' schedule was equally outstanding later in the game. They were talking about how USC has a week rest of the schedule when Holtz says: "The problem is, they have to play a different team each week." ...How these people get jobs "analyzing" football is beyond me.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:20 pm

I think it is going to be high scoring tonight ;-D

CL loves to throw that ball around and WVU should be pumped to come out and play ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:51 pm

I love Dan Hawkins as a coach. Totally seems like the kinda guy I'd let my kid play for. I hope Colorado smokes em.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:57 pm

VaderFin wrote:I love Dan Hawkins as a coach. Totally seems like the kinda guy I'd let my kid play for. I hope Colorado smokes em.

14-0 and COL looks great

deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football