How will DeSean Jackson do tonite???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How will DeSean Jackson do tonite????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: How will DeSean Jackson do tonite????

Postby superslugger616 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:40 pm

The Desean owner in my league lost by 1.5 points hahahha
superslugger616
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:05 am

The funniest thing is that he actually has a history of doing this type of stuff, who does this twice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7hbzpZilJE
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:06 am

LS2throwed wrote:The funniest thing is that he actually has a history of doing this type of stuff, who does this twice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7hbzpZilJE

Yea, I heard about this on Mike & Mike this morning. Nice find. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:46 am

Great job at looking like an immature, hot-doggin' rookie in front of millions of people on national TV. Eagles need to pull a page out of the college tradition handbook and make the kid carry that ball around with him everywhere he goes without ever letting go of it until next week's game! Next time ya get to the endzone DeSean, act like you've been there before!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:58 am

I'm sure Andy Reid and the rest of his teammates will really give it to him during the week. Better that he gets it out of the system now in his 2nd game of his career than in an important game that has playoff implications.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:29 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:I'm sure Andy Reid and the rest of his teammates will really give it to him during the week. Better that he gets it out of the system now in his 2nd game of his career than in an important game that has playoff implications.

Agreed. It is something though that a player can make a similar mistake more than once - unless he's looking for "Dumb**s DeSean" to stick through his career. :-X
2008 Killer Crossover League Champion
2009 Killer Crossover League Champion
RedHopeful
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Basketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:04 pm

Lost by 2 :-°
Had Mcnabb and Barber and he had Folk. Ended up losing by 2 because Jackson didn't get in the end zone.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Retet » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:14 pm

I have a hard time seeing DeSean not being a major part of the Philly offense all season long. Despite that asinine stunt, he caught the ball in traffic, is a deep threat, and seems to run clean routes. All in all, he brings much more to the table than Curtis or Brown will. I'm not saying he'll be Boldin/Moss, but he seems like the best that Philly's got. Of course time will tell.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:42 am

Posted on Thu, Sep. 18, 2008
Eagles Notebook: Reid says DeSean Jackson's gaffe has been addressed
By LES BOWEN
Philadelphia Daily News
bowenl@phillynews.com

DeSEAN JACKSON did not speak to reporters yesterday during the times the Eagles locker room was open to the media.

Maybe that told you all you needed to know about the aftermath of Jackson's gaffe Monday night, when he zipped the football backward in celebration at the end of what should have been a 61-yard touchdown reception - doing so before he crossed the goal line, replays showed.

The play had no effect on the Eagles' 41-37 loss at Dallas, since the Birds were awarded the ball on the Cowboys' 1, after officials signaled a touchdown, ending the sequence prematurely. Brian Westbrook then scored the touchdown that should have been Jackson's first.

Afterward, Jackson seemed less chastened than fans might have preferred, given that he is a rookie who had just made a high-profile, potentially disastrous mistake.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... essed.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby TheDiplomats » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:53 am

Retet wrote:I have a hard time seeing DeSean not being a major part of the Philly offense all season long. Despite that asinine stunt, he caught the ball in traffic, is a deep threat, and seems to run clean routes. All in all, he brings much more to the table than Curtis or Brown will. I'm not saying he'll be Boldin/Moss, but he seems like the best that Philly's got. Of course time will tell.

No way. Both Brown and Curtis are more complete players than Desean. I think he will be involved all season..but he goes back to being number 3 when those guys return.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk