How will DeSean Jackson do tonite???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How will DeSean Jackson do tonite????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: How will DeSean Jackson do tonite????

Postby ssarmstro » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:41 pm

[quote="TheDiplomats"][quote="Retet"]I have a hard time seeing DeSean not being a major part of the Philly offense all season long. Despite that asinine stunt, he caught the ball in traffic, is a deep threat, and seems to run clean routes. All in all, he brings much more to the table than Curtis or Brown will. I'm not saying he'll be Boldin/Moss, but he seems like the best that Philly's got. Of course time will tell.[/quote]
No way. Both Brown and Curtis are more complete players than Desean. I think he will be involved all season..but he goes back to being number 3 when those guys return.[/quote]

DeSean is better then Reggie Brown Right now. Brown should be the #3
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Retet » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:33 am

TheDiplomats wrote:
Retet wrote:I have a hard time seeing DeSean not being a major part of the Philly offense all season long. Despite that asinine stunt, he caught the ball in traffic, is a deep threat, and seems to run clean routes. All in all, he brings much more to the table than Curtis or Brown will. I'm not saying he'll be Boldin/Moss, but he seems like the best that Philly's got. Of course time will tell.

No way. Both Brown and Curtis are more complete players than Desean. I think he will be involved all season..but he goes back to being number 3 when those guys return.

Really? Curtis has had a few big games, but I don't see how he's more complete player. And DeSean Jackson has had a 100 yards in each of his 2 starts. Last year, Reggie Brown had one 100 yard game all season. And the year before that he had three 100 yard performances on the season.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Mr. Jackson is the second coming of Randy Moss or anything. It just looks like he is (and will be) the best WR on the Eagles this year.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Purple1 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:39 pm

Retet wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:
Retet wrote:I have a hard time seeing DeSean not being a major part of the Philly offense all season long. Despite that asinine stunt, he caught the ball in traffic, is a deep threat, and seems to run clean routes. All in all, he brings much more to the table than Curtis or Brown will. I'm not saying he'll be Boldin/Moss, but he seems like the best that Philly's got. Of course time will tell.

No way. Both Brown and Curtis are more complete players than Desean. I think he will be involved all season..but he goes back to being number 3 when those guys return.

Really? Curtis has had a few big games, but I don't see how he's more complete player. And DeSean Jackson has had a 100 yards in each of his 2 starts. Last year, Reggie Brown had one 100 yard game all season. And the year before that he had three 100 yard performances on the season.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Mr. Jackson is the second coming of Randy Moss or anything. It just looks like he is (and will be) the best WR on the Eagles this year.

I'm with Retet on this one, even when Brown/Curtis come back don't really see it hurting Jacksons production. Curtis has the same injury LJ Smith had last year and he barely played at all last season so even when he does return he probably won't be 100% for the rest of the season. McNabb knows he's probably the best reciever hes had since TO, he'll make sure he gets the ball no matter who else is out there.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheDiplomats » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:40 pm

Retet wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:

You can't judge Curtis and Brown based on their stats last year. The Eagles had an inept passing game with McNabb playing at 50% or not playing at all. McNabb is on fire this year and I am confident that when they return, they will be putting up similar stats to Jackson. I am not saying DeSean is bad, just don't be surprised when he goes back to being the number 3..at least for this year. For the record, I think DeSean Jackson and Kevin Curtis have very close playing styles..it just comes down to experience.

Regarding his sports hernia, it has already been reported that his sports hernia isn't anywhere near as severe as McNabbs or LJ Smith.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ssarmstro » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:54 pm

[quote="TheDiplomats"][quote="Retet"][quote="TheDiplomats"][quote="Retet"]I have a hard time seeing DeSean not being a major part of the Philly offense all season long. Despite that asinine stunt, he caught the ball in traffic, is a deep threat, and seems to run clean routes. All in all, he brings much more to the table than Curtis or Brown will. I'm not saying he'll be Boldin/Moss, but he seems like the best that Philly's got. Of course time will tell.[/quote]

No way. Both Brown and Curtis are more complete players than Desean. I think he will be involved all season..but he goes back to being number 3 when those guys return.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Mr. Jackson is the second coming of Randy Moss or anything. It just looks like he is (and will be) the best WR on the Eagles this year.[/quote]
You can't judge Curtis and Brown based on their stats last year. The Eagles had an inept passing game with McNabb playing at 50% or not playing at all. McNabb is on fire this year and I am confident that when they return, they will be putting up similar stats to Jackson. I am not saying DeSean is bad, just don't be surprised when he goes back to being the number 3..at least for this year. For the record, I think DeSean Jackson and Kevin Curtis have very close playing styles..it just comes down to experience.

Regarding his sports hernia, it has already been reported that his sports hernia isn't anywhere near as severe as McNabbs or LJ Smith.[/quote]

Come On!, everybody I know who is an eagles fan knows Reggie Brown is a bumb. He drops to many passes and he does uncover well. He can be a serviceable slot but IMO he is no better then Jason Avant and is easily replaced. Curtis is another issue. I think he and Desean can work well together when you think the Ealges rarely run a 2 WR set. They run 3 WR sets a large amount of the time. I think Brown can be a OK #3. In my opinion he is not really an upgrade over Avant there. I am not a Philly fan but I live here and I am forced to watch the games and I can say from what I see he is over rated. Coach Reid is excellent getting player open in space and finding matchup issues. Desean will be moved all over the field to exploit matchup issues simply because he the most explosive WR on the team. Curtis can play but is he is not taking the ball away from anyone and I must say I was surprised to see Jackson do that (Against the Rams) with his size but he proved that you can through to him even when he is not open.
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SniperShot » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:37 pm

SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:47 pm

the best is that he dances too. classic.

As for curtis and brown, I think its clear that Jackson ain't sitting at this point. Reid typically does not have an eye for receivers, and those that do come in seem to have a hard time with the plays etc. McNabb already has rapport with him. Some combination of curtis, jackson with brown and avant seems like it could be pretty nasty, as they have complimentary skill sets. Jackson and Curtis are fast so it will be hard to account for them and westbrook all at once.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby m16a » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:17 pm

eaglesrule wrote: Jackson and Curtis are fast so it will be hard to account for them and westbrook all at once.

Agree with that. They can both go deep and with Westbrook drawing focus and Smith drawing attention over the middle, defenses are gonna have some trouble ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:24 am

Little fun facts:

Jackson 2 starts, 2 100 yard games
Hank Baskett, 7 starts, 3-100 games
Reggie Brown, 40 starts 3-100 yard games.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk