YAH BABY!!! HOW BOUT THEM BRONCOS?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

YAH BABY!!! HOW BOUT THEM BRONCOS?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

YAH BABY!!! HOW BOUT THEM BRONCOS?!

Postby broncoholics » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:18 pm

I just needed a place to express some emotion. I think the other 13 guys in my league want to rip my head off. I am a huge Broncos fan and I played four of them in my fantasy football this week: Jay Cutler, Eddie Royal, Brandon Marshall, and Tony Scheffler. And between the four of them I got 90 points!!! And I still have Marion Barber and Westbrook playing tonight!! This is huge!! Not only am I happy about that but also the amazing broncos/chargers game last night! It was one crazy game. Shanahan is awesome! I was ecstatic that he decided to go for two. Alright well I feel better now. Anyone who is a Bronco lover/hater. I would love to hear there feelings on the game last night. Thanks!!
Broncoholic
broncoholics
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: YAH BABY!!! HOW BOUT THEM BRONCOS?!

Postby e3 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:10 pm

Broncos fan here too, live just north of Denver - but we got ridiculously lucky. We stole that game and never should have won it given the blown call at the end and the call in the beginning where the replay technology was "not working" so they gave it to us.

We stole it. Chargers have every right to be pissed.
e3
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby broncoholics » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:04 pm

I do agree it was pretty lucky. And if I was a chargers fan I would have been pretty upset. But Chargers defense could have still shut them down. They left them wide open in the end zone when they got their last touchdown as well as when they went for two. I just feel that there was a number of reasons why they lost not just the two bogus calls.
broncoholics
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby madaslives911 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:36 pm

It was an unbelievable and amazing win by the Broncos and it was a karma for Rivers for the trash talking he did to Cutler last year.

Seriously, tough calls by the referees do matter on the outcome of the game. With the help of the Lady Luck's smile of course. ;-)
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby yossarian » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:18 am

From what I've heard, the call in the first half wouldn't have been overturned anyway, even if the replay equipment had worked. As for the 2d half, well...that was an atrocious call. IT cost the Chargers the game and they have a right to be pissed. I will never understand why refs are so quick to blow the whistles at the ends of plays sometimes. It usually doesn't hurt anything to let the play go an extra few seconds. One thing they CAN'T do, however, is unblow a whistle that prematurely ends a play.

Seeing as how I had Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler starting for me last night (with Royal on the bench), however, I was able to get over it. ;-D The 78 combined points from all of them helped immensely. This is in a keeper league too so I'm EXTRA stoked. Everybody thought I was crazy going with Cutler as my starting QB, but everything I'd heard and read about him going into the season made it seem like he was going to really take off. Let's hope it continues.

Personally, I'm a Redskins fan, but my boss is a HUGE Broncos fan, so I've adopted them as my AFC team. On top of that, he's been giving me all the Broncos forum info about they young guys, starting last season with Cutler and Marshall and going into this season with Royal.
yossarian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tarpon17 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:47 am

I guess you could be happy the Broncs won, but only due to that call. Shan's got nuggets to go for 2, but he shouldn't have had that option with the ball going the other way. I would breathe a huge sigh and watch out for things falling out of the sky................
tarpon17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby broncoholics » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:11 pm

Have you seen their schedule?? I dont think things are going to be falling out of the sky too soon. But I guess we will see.
broncoholics
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby electramax » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:26 pm

Great game, but the Bronc's got away with murder....first there was the fumble that wasn't a fumble (and unable to review due to technical difficulties??) then of course, Cutler's fumble.

Fun game though.

Charger fans have to be nauseated being 0-2 more or less by virtue of 2 plays.
Need Fantasy advice? Follow me via Twitter: http://twitter.com/redgoldbleeder
electramax
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafecaster

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:21 pm

I think instant replay has gotten some people spoiled a little on getting every call perfect or calling for a refs head, maybe guys should think back to 10-15 years ago when there was no instant replay and every call was a judgement call by the ref, MANY a game was won or lost by the call of a ref and MANY a times they were the wrong calls but thats the way the game went, you had to live with it...Granted Chargers and fans should be upset, but lets not get carried away here, games were decided like this forever and there was nothing teams could do about it.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer