Frights from the home opener.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

Frights from the home opener....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Frights from the home opener....

Postby juniorvarsity33 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:17 pm

I noticed there isn't much chatter in the hawks board... where did they all go?

You'd thin 7 of our 8 wide receivers from training camp being out would stir some talk?

Well, here's my compliments and fears from the game on Sunday:

1. Julius Jones - Shined at Qwest, against a defense that had no need to worry about the pass. Can he do this on the road? And, did anyone else notice there was much more success when he ran up the gut than his attempts to the outsides?
2. Offensive line - Protected #8 well, most of the time. And created holes for JJ up the middle. Improvement.
3. John Carlson - We may have made a great decision on this tight end. If he can keep moving after the catch, he could be Jason Witten-esque.
4. Kicker - Olindo was perfect on his attempts (again, at home) and booted the ko's well... let's see this stay up.
5. DE-FENSE? - We're supposed to score 30 points, at home, against the 49ers... but what we're NOT supposed to do is give up 33 points, at home, to the 49ers... Secondary was horrible against the lesser experienced (and old aged in Bruce) receivers. The front 7 over pursued and didn't contain the backs when we got JT on the run, allowing too many busted plays to turn into positives... in a BIG way.
6. Wide receivers... well add Seneca and Payne (that's a fitting name) to the list of Branch, Engram, Hackett, Burleson, Obamanu, and Kent that are not suiting up for us. And for what it's worth... the one with the girls' name (Courtney) shouldn't still be on the team after that performance.
7 - Penalties... I'm not going to blame the refs for this... 'cause we shouldn't have let them close enough to matter... but we shot ourselves in the foot on penalties. And, it wasn't even the rookies causing all these. Better get that fixed in a hurry.

Well, enough ranting for now... it can only go up from here... right?! If it doesn't, I can't count more than 5 winnable games...

:-o
juniorvarsity33
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Frights from the home opener....

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:58 pm

0-2. I just wanna puke. Was hoping to be 3-0 going into the bye. !+) :-/ :-t
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:44 pm

I figured that we would loose in Buffalo, but not at home to the 49ers. I hope we don't go 0-3.

If we can beat St. Louis with the bye and a healthy WR or two comming back we should be in good shape.

Which WR gets hurt this weekend? !+)
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mugrila » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:33 pm

I feel like we'll win this weekend, but then again I also thought we'd be 2-1 going into the bye week. :-/
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Seattle Seahawks