I noticed there isn't much chatter in the hawks board... where did they all go?
You'd thin 7 of our 8 wide receivers from training camp being out would stir some talk?
Well, here's my compliments and fears from the game on Sunday:
1. Julius Jones - Shined at Qwest, against a defense that had no need to worry about the pass. Can he do this on the road? And, did anyone else notice there was much more success when he ran up the gut than his attempts to the outsides?
2. Offensive line - Protected #8 well, most of the time. And created holes for JJ up the middle. Improvement.
3. John Carlson - We may have made a great decision on this tight end. If he can keep moving after the catch, he could be Jason Witten-esque.
4. Kicker - Olindo was perfect on his attempts (again, at home) and booted the ko's well... let's see this stay up.
5. DE-FENSE? - We're supposed to score 30 points, at home, against the 49ers... but what we're NOT supposed to do is give up 33 points, at home, to the 49ers... Secondary was horrible against the lesser experienced (and old aged in Bruce) receivers. The front 7 over pursued and didn't contain the backs when we got JT on the run, allowing too many busted plays to turn into positives... in a BIG way.
6. Wide receivers... well add Seneca and Payne (that's a fitting name) to the list of Branch, Engram, Hackett, Burleson, Obamanu, and Kent that are not suiting up for us. And for what it's worth... the one with the girls' name (Courtney) shouldn't still be on the team after that performance.
7 - Penalties... I'm not going to blame the refs for this... 'cause we shouldn't have let them close enough to matter... but we shot ourselves in the foot on penalties. And, it wasn't even the rookies causing all these. Better get that fixed in a hurry.
Well, enough ranting for now... it can only go up from here... right?! If it doesn't, I can't count more than 5 winnable games...