Week 2 BuyLow/Sell high - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 2 BuyLow/Sell high

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 2 BuyLow/Sell high

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:29 am

I haven't seen TJ listed as a buy low, or is everyone afraid of Palmer not turning it around? His numbers are very even, even receptions so he could probably he had cheap, but I still don't know if I want anyone on that offense near any of my teams, the line is in shambles.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cleokatrah » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:08 am

Kareighuis wrote:
Cleokatrah wrote:All the other sell high candidates have been named, imo.

The reasoning you provided for your sell-high cadidates was thought-provoking. What players that have been named do you agree with, and why?

High Selling: (that have been mentioned)

DeSean Jackson > I would personally hold on to him to see where he falls when his cohorts get back. Philly is a passing powerhouse, and even though they're schedule isn't easy, a Philly #2 Wr could make a good WR3 or flex. It's just a matter of how you're willing to gamble whether Jackson will get that spot or not. I think he can. He is establishing a great rapport with McNabb, and who knows if his companions will return at top form? But it is a gamble, and if you're not confident to wager on it, you can good a good price on him now.

(not mentioned)

Lee Evans > Evans perpetually gets lost every year. He has a couple grand games, shows up for the blast, and then twiddles with his toes the rest of the year. Or maybe I have a slight grudge. Or maybe it's the fact that Buffalo is not a passing team first and there aren't - normally - enough yards to go around for two receivers - and Parrish is looking damn good. I think Evans will find himself usurped, and soon.

Buy Low: (that have been mentioned)

Moss > If there is an angsty owner wanting to get rid of him, he's an easy buy. He is THE throw to guy in NE, he is a glory whore, and he will work diligently with Cassel to get their chemistry brewing so he can continue being a glory whore.

Addai > He is still the starter in Indy. Even if he gets off to a slow start or has a rocky season, he will still be fun to own when the Colts get to toy with Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Detroit all in a row. Provided he's healthy, of course.

Uncertain:

Edwards/Anderson > Sure, they've faced tough Ds straight out the bat, but Dallas didn't even have Newman and Braylon did nothing, and our D-line wasn't the pass rushing demon it should have been. We had only one sack. Cleveland faced tough defenses last year and still managed to put out some numbers. They put up a whopping 205 yards total offense against Dallas, and 208 against Pittsburgh. They played well against Pittsburgh and NE (for a while), and Baltimore last year. So what is the difference this year? I'm on the fence with Cleveland until after their Cincy game.
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Lung » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:50 am

treat24 wrote:LOL... In my big money league I have AD/Lynch/Jstew/CJ4.24/Dmac/Rice/Mendenhall at RB

People are trying to buy DMac from me since he is hurt. The ultimate attempt at a buy low. His value isn't even that low right now... Furthermore, It's a keeper league where we keep 4 vets and 1 rookie. I'm not an idiot!

Just thought that was funny enough to post in the buy low thread...

I don't think it's insulting people's intelligence to ask about a trade on a buy low player. You never know when people are ansy or impatient to get rid of an underperfomer. I inquired last night with a Cafe vet about trading for Mendenhall in a Cafe dynasty league because the Steelers seem to be bringing him along slowly, which was a pretty obvious buy low attempt. But like any smart dynasty league manager, the vet simply stated that he's perfectly happy stashing him on his bench on what will be a rebuilding year for his team. It's a free league with no entry fee, so it's not like it costs anything to do that.

I agree though that the weird thing here is thinking that DMac is a buy low just because of a shoulder stinger. When a guy breaks out for 160+ yards and a TD, and the starter on that team (Fargas) goes down to injury and is expected to miss significant time, how is that a buy low?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Padres 19 fan » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:32 pm

Chad Johnson...oops I mean Chad Ocho-Cinco as a buy low?
Padres 19 fan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby treat24 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:38 pm

The Lung wrote:
treat24 wrote:LOL... In my big money league I have AD/Lynch/Jstew/CJ4.24/Dmac/Rice/Mendenhall at RB

People are trying to buy DMac from me since he is hurt. The ultimate attempt at a buy low. His value isn't even that low right now... Furthermore, It's a keeper league where we keep 4 vets and 1 rookie. I'm not an idiot!

Just thought that was funny enough to post in the buy low thread...

I don't think it's insulting people's intelligence to ask about a trade on a buy low player. You never know when people are ansy or impatient to get rid of an underperfomer. I inquired last night with a Cafe vet about trading for Mendenhall in a Cafe dynasty league because the Steelers seem to be bringing him along slowly, which was a pretty obvious buy low attempt. But like any smart dynasty league manager, the vet simply stated that he's perfectly happy stashing him on his bench on what will be a rebuilding year for his team. It's a free league with no entry fee, so it's not like it costs anything to do that.

I agree though that the weird thing here is thinking that DMac is a buy low just because of a shoulder stinger. When a guy breaks out for 160+ yards and a TD, and the starter on that team (Fargas) goes down to injury and is expected to miss significant time, how is that a buy low?

Yeah, I didn't mean to insult the guys if you think I did. I only play in leagues with quality owners. More of a statement of how it's funny how people come running after an injury thinking they can pull something off. These guys were hoping... and given my situation and dislike for DMac, I'm willing to trade him... but not for cheap.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:57 am

Cleokatrah wrote:Lee Evans > Evans perpetually gets lost every year. He has a couple grand games, shows up for the blast, and then twiddles with his toes the rest of the year. Or maybe I have a slight grudge. Or maybe it's the fact that Buffalo is not a passing team first and there aren't - normally - enough yards to go around for two receivers - and Parrish is looking damn good. I think Evans will find himself usurped, and soon.

Wow. I was considering targeting Evans as a spot-start and potential WR3. What's this about him being usurped?

I think Anderson's a sell- not just sell-high, but sell. Every team I inherited this year that had him, I sold high on him. Right now, you probably can't get much. Edwards, though, I agree is more of an uncertain- that week 4 game (vCle) will determine what I think of the entire offense.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:12 am

I was able to land a deal where I got rid of Braylon for Fitzgerald, I just packaged together Ray Rice to the McGahee owner, but that would be the only type of deal I recommend on Braylon, if you can't get a WR with the same potential your best holding onto him, I'm in a PPR league and Braylon was killing me, so if you can land Boldin or AJ then make it happen, if the best you can come out with is Driver then hold onto him.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mattUTD20 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:26 pm

Sell high on Aaron Rodgers. His first two games came against the two worst pass defenses from last year. Send him to a desperate former Brady owner before he comes down.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:58 pm

If some knucklehead comes onto the Week 3 Buy Low/Sell High thread and dares say that Ronnie Brown is a buy low they are going to be banned from this website ;-)
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby woodson_28 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:38 pm

Larry Johnson is still a "sell at whatever you can get" right? His 100+ yrds and TD is not an indication of him turning it around, right?
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk