Playoff Push - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Playoff Push

Moderator: Football Moderators

Playoff Push

Postby Phinphan » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:25 am

I have had an amazing string of good starts and some luck to start out 9-0 and clinch a playoff spot. We play our playoffs in weeks 14-16, and have a funny format. Our leage is 30 teams made up of three conferences which each draft seperately. The final week the winners of each conference meet head to head to head to determine the league champ. Realistically you could play someone who has some of your players. My team is as follows.

QB's: McNair, Vick, Ramsey, Fiedler, Griese
RB's: Ahman Green, E. James, D. Davis, Hambrick, Shipp, A. Smith
WR's: Holt, Mason, A. Johnson, P. Warrick, Gardner, D. Jackson
K: Josh Brown
D/ST: GB and St. Louis

I think I can win my first two games in the playoffs and make the finals. But there I will have to face a guy who has Ahman Green and McNair just like me. To top it off this guy has Priest Holmes to boot. His WR's are not rock solid but decent. Bruce, Keyshawn, Horn, and Boston being his top four. Can my team compete with a team that has both Ahman and Priest or do I need to try to upgrade at RB to push past him. I know I won't get Holmes, Portis, or Tomlinson in my conference as they are all on teams that could make the playoffs and our deadline for trading is this week. Thoughts on who could have a big week 16. I am thinking Edge will out of who I have.
Phinphan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:52 am

that sounds like an interesting league,,,,I like the format...anhow.....I think sometimes (especially when drafting) people looooook toooo far ahead when making a team,,,for instance,,,,people drafting Seattle players because they play Arizona in week 16,,,,,,,,well first you have to get there,,,,I admit I have looked at my possible matchups come playoff time (wks 14,15,16) but long after my draft. If this is a league where anything can happen,,,,cuz its happening,,,then maybe we should just worry about the upcoming week,,,,,,week 14-16 is still 5weeks aways,,,,losing a game in week 14 does nothing for matchups in week 16,,,,,also someone like Fred Taylor,,,or a backup could be lighting it up by then,,,,,McNair could go down,,Holmes,,,,Lewis etc.....play to win your current week. lets worry about matchups come playoff time,,and to answer your question,,,,yes at this time you can compete with this dude.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby The Super Freak » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:24 am

can anyone say clash of the titans!!!!
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:01 am

I second what the canadian dude said, but also, there is a rumor going around that Priest is hurt...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Phinphan » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:18 pm

Thanks for the input, and I am trying not to look ahead, but realistically unless I have just terrible weeks in 14 or 15, no one is going to compete. This is the last week for trades so I am looking to the playoffs. I am the only one in my conference who has clinched a spot and I am averaging almost 15 more points a game than anyone. Sure I may have some bad starts but if that happens I can't stop it. I have the team to make the finals, but that is the one place my matchups will get really tough. One of the guys in our draft even went so far as to call me a RB whore because I grabbed 8 of them in the draft. Playing out for me now.
Phinphan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:36 pm

M_Zimm wrote:there is a rumor going around that Priest is hurt...

I think this is the only joint that has that rumor. I havn't been able to find a shread of evidence to support it.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk