Palmer / Ocho Stinko - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Palmer / Ocho Stinko

Moderator: Football Moderators

Palmer / Ocho Stinko

Postby Philly_05 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:57 pm

What is everyone doing with these guys at this point? While they are way to good to just go and dump unless your in a 8 team league but you can't really start either at this point. Is anyone crazy enough like myself to have both of them on the same team? If you have been able to move either or both what is the value you are getting for these guys? I have not been able to give them away and have people even telling me that they will do me a favor and take both of them for just Cotchery lol. I know a lot of people were down on the Cincy before the year but I didn't expect it to be this bad.
QB- Roethlisberger, Rivers, Foles
RB- McCoy, Lynch, L James, Ivory, F Jackson, D Thomas, Turbin
WR- Julio, Bowe, D Bryant, D Jax, Amendola, Broyles, Gordon, Hill
TE- Celek, D Allen
DEF- Giants
K- Zuerlin
D- D Washington, S Weatherspoon, L Kuechly
Philly_05
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Palmer / Ocho Stinko

Postby Goody » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:15 pm

I have both Palmer in Housh in one league and feel your pain. I am now 0-2 with a team I thought was going to be great after draft day. Them along with LT are causing me headaches. I also have not been able to give Palmer or Housh away. Right now it is a headache that no one else wants to deal with. I think we have to hold on to them until they have a good game which may be week 4 vs. CLE. I still think the giants are going to make them look silly again this week though. Hopefully it isn't too bad so I have an ounce of convidence to start them vs. CLE.
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:16 pm

Normally I would be the first person to say that the Bengals offense will bounce back and they just had a couple of off weeks... But I watched both games and they looked to me like they were one of the worst teams in the NFL. Chad doesn't want to be there and Carson has no talent around him... they will be both be riding the pine on my team until i see substantial improvement, I don't see that happening though. :-t
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Azrael » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:43 pm

Not only that Longy but their schedule is very difficult. They have very little let ups the whole way. I would try to move both of these guys to people who think they are buying low. Granted, they aren't going to be this bad all year but they aren't going to be a whole lot better. That team is just atrocious. I mean, c'mon, you are getting blown out and you can't even get garbage stats when teams are essentially letting you.

It's not like you can say ok well they played 2 good defenses, which they did, but you still have to do something. Rest of the fantasy schedule is @NYG, Cle, @Dal, @NYJ, Pit, @Hou, Jac, Phi, @Pit, Bal, @IND, Was, @Cle

This team wins a max of 3 games. They've had 25 posessions and 6 of them have laste longer then 5 plays. They can't stop anyone from running the ball when they know that's all they are going to do. Baltimore ran the last 7 minutes off the clock and Tenn had the ball 10 of a possible 13 minutes in the last quarter. The worst part I think is going to be that their defense is not going to stop anyone long enough for their offense to get on track. Baltimore and Tennessee aren't exactly offensive juggernauts. They teams they have coming up are likely to just be murdering them shortly into the 3rd Q. I would say maybe wait another week or 2 and see if they bounce back. But that team mentally is in a ditch they aren't getting out of this year. They don't want to play. They don't want to be there. They could very well win just 1 game this year, KC at home.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby ampant » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:56 pm

I'm trying to trade LJ away for Housh, since I don't like either, but I am deeper at RB, so I'll take a flier.

LJ is never going to sniff my starting lineup again after that stinker at KC. You figure the WRs could turn it around. You know that they are going tp be behind a lot, so throwing it is always going to be an option.

It's hard to imagine why they can't have some success. One of those WRs has to be able to get open.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby dmacblue » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:55 pm

PPR redraft

I gave up Tony Gonzalez for Chad.

( I had drafted both Gonzo & KW3 thinking I could use one at Flex, which i couldnt)

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Return to Football Talk