Stephen A on Millen - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Stephen A on Millen

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stephen A on Millen

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:28 pm

So I watched Stephen A. Smith just tear Millen a new one on ESPN, I just had to find the quote (I wish there were a video)... I was starting to think the fans were the only one to think he's incompetent.

"I like what I'm seeing from Aaron Rodgers," offered Stephen A. Smith. "Right now he's playing just as good as any quarterback in the NFL."

But?

Smith continued: "The key thing for me is, remember he was playing against the Lions. ...

"This team is just atrocious and Matt Millen is a walking football atrocity. He is the worst executive, in my opinion, in the history of team sports.

"He is flat-out garbage. The fact that he is allowed to have a job, the fact that he is allowed to walk though the streets of Detroit to enter Ford Field is an abomination in and of itself.

"There should be barricades keeping this man out of the city limits. He should not be allowed to be employed by the Detroit Lions. He is a disgrace of the highest order.

"And that's why you can't take anything Aaron Rodgers did yesterday seriously, because we are talking about the Detroit Lions, who are absolute garbage. ...

"(Millen) is clueless, he doesn't know what he's doing. Until they get rid of him, we're going to be saying that a whole bunch of people look good when they play the Detroit Lions."
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Stephen A on Millen

Postby bigken117 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:02 pm

Stephen A is a moron. Even my mom knows Millen needs to be fired and we live near Boston...
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RWLongy4 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:47 am

bigken117 wrote:Stephen A is a moron. Even my mom knows Millen needs to be fired and we live near Boston...

I hate Steven A... Doesn't make those words he spoke not incredibly true. It's about time our GM situation started to get real media coverage.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:53 am

RWLongy4 wrote:
bigken117 wrote:Stephen A is a moron. Even my mom knows Millen needs to be fired and we live near Boston...

I hate Steven A... Doesn't make those words he spoke not incredibly true. It's about time our GM situation started to get real media coverage.

Exactly. Steven A is national and he wasn't mincing words, he let out a torrent of truth that is more damning to Millen's job security than his record. If Lord Ford gets embarrassed enough he might just make a change. And notice how there is not one word from the Lions or any other media source to dispute blowhole Smith's assertation. No surprise that the Lions say nothing, that is there style: Never comment on criticism and hope every one forgets about it. But what of the rest of the media? I wish someone would comment on it, fear being that nobody gives a darn about this city and this franchise.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:29 am

It's going to take more than 1 guy to wake up old man Ford
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:39 am

moochman wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:

Exactly. Steven A is national and he wasn't mincing words, he let out a torrent of truth that is more damning to Millen's job security than his record. If Lord Ford gets embarrassed enough he might just make a change. And notice how there is not one word from the Lions or any other media source to dispute blowhole Smith's assertation. No surprise that the Lions say nothing, that is there style: Never comment on criticism and hope every one forgets about it. But what of the rest of the media? I wish someone would comment on it, fear being that nobody gives a darn about this city and this franchise.

i doubt it will matter...Millen is the son Ford always wanted. i bet if he had to pick who lives and dies out of Millen and Bill Jr he'd take Millen
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:47 am

Dan, my worse self thinks that Lord Ford keeps Millen to spite his son. Bill Jr. wanted Millen and probably had to work of Clayhead to hire him. Now Clayhead sits back and smirks to himself over his son's choice and still wants to run his face in it. See the bottom line with WCF is the last thing that ever enters his aristrocratic mind is the fan. We are don't exist to him.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:34 am

Not to wish anything bad upon someone, but hypothetically speaking, is there any chance that when WCF kicks the bucket that Bill Jr. Sells off the lions? My buddy is WCF's nephew and I asked him about it and he didn't really have any input.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:51 am

RWLongy4 wrote:Not to wish anything bad upon someone, but hypothetically speaking, is there any chance that when WCF kicks the bucket that Bill Jr. Sells off the lions? My buddy is WCF's nephew and I asked him about it and he didn't really have any input.

i could be wrong, but i thought i read once before that the estate taxes or whatever would be so outrageous that Bill couldnt afford to keep them...seems kind of sketchy though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:56 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
RWLongy4 wrote:Not to wish anything bad upon someone, but hypothetically speaking, is there any chance that when WCF kicks the bucket that Bill Jr. Sells off the lions? My buddy is WCF's nephew and I asked him about it and he didn't really have any input.

i could be wrong, but i thought i read once before that the estate taxes or whatever would be so outrageous that Bill couldnt afford to keep them...seems kind of sketchy though

Would be nice if that were true but I have a bad feeling that another member of the Ford Family would step in and help out.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Detroit Lions