Larry Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Larry Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Larry Johnson

Postby coop09x » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:03 pm

what is larry johnson's value now and what will it be at the end of the year? do u think he is a good #2 running back at this point or even worse? i know hes had a bad 2 weeks but it cant get any worse right?
coop09x
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Larry Johnson

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:29 pm

His value is almost as low as it can get without a season ending injury. I don't think you could get much back in return for him, IMO unless someone offers you a great trade I'm inclined to hold onto him and see what happens. His schedule is sprinkled with easy and hard match ups, his fantasy playoffs are DEN, SD, MIA. I'm expecting decent RB2 numbers in the end, around 1200 yards with 8-10 TDs...I have him in a league and for now I'm just holding onto him FWIW

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby spodog » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:31 pm

If someone offered me LJ, from my current roster, I probably wouldn't offer much more than Marvin Harrison for him, would have to think about that one.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby XHendrix » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:09 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that Herm Edwards is one of the worst coaches in the NFL?
He has one of the most predictable and conservative play books in the NFL, and every time I watch a Kansas City game it seems that the play calling goes like this. First down run right up the middle, second down run it again right up the middle, if there's less than three yards left run it again right up the middle if there's more than three yards it's a quick pass.
This used to worked the one season he had that amazing line, now his line is gone and every running back is quickly met by 8 defenders.
No amount of talent can do well with his play calls, and I think that Larry Johnson will suffer until there is a new coach.
XHendrix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ampant » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:01 pm

XHendrix wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that Herm Edwards is one of the worst coaches in the NFL?
He has one of the most predictable and conservative play books in the NFL?

Nope . . . Image <----- raises hand

XHendrix wrote:. . . and every time I watch a Kansas City game it seems that the play calling goes like this. First down run right up the middle, bring Huard out, put Hagans in, second down run it again right up the middle, bring Hagans out, put in Thigpen, if there's less than three yards left run it again right up the middle, if there's more than three yards it's a quick incompletion.

Fixed ;-D
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby The Lung » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:50 pm

XHendrix wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that Herm Edwards is one of the worst coaches in the NFL?

Ask any Jets fans and they'll agree 100% with you.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby woodson_28 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:55 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:I'm expecting decent RB2 numbers in the end, around 1200 yards with 8-10 TDs

I going to have to disagree. I live in the KC area (cowboy fan though) and the general consensus here is that KC is the worst team in the NFL (followed closely by the other Missouri team - STL). L.Johnson came out yelling about how he needs 25-30 carries a game to be effective. Yet, he's only getting yard or two per rush. It's half his fault, half his line. The line is just horrible. Maybe they can pull together and start blocking, but I don't think so. I'm going to guess that Larry will start to see more carries lost to J. Charles until it's a 2:1 split. I would be surprised if LJ tops 1000 yrds and finds the end zone more than 6 times. KC is just that bad.

I have him on my team and I'm trying to sell him right now for 50 cents on the $1, so far no takers.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk