Deuce McAllister - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deuce McAllister

Moderator: Football Moderators

Deuce McAllister

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:07 pm

I just picked him up off the waiver wire in one of my leagues and I developed an urge to get opinions on him going forward. Obviously, he is not a back who is going to win your league for you, but I feel like if you start him in favorable matchups, he could score points for you.

Alot of folks pegged Pierre Thomas as the back to fill Deuce's shoes as the physical down hill complement to Reggie Bush, but judging from last week, I'd say that Deuce has enough left in the tank to remain in that role for the Saints. Thomas is not as physical as people give him credit for. He runs hard, but he is 210-215 at best. He's not the quickest guy either.

Deuce, on the other hand, is playing at about 225-230 right now, and he looks to be in good shape. He had the most success of all the Saints running backs last week(albeit on only 2 carries). I definantly feel like Payton is going to increase his role going forward. I'd say 10-15 carries a game(including goal line work) is not out of the question. Again, I don't see him setting the world on fire given his age and wear and tear, but I feel like he could still be a fantasy factor when started against favorable opponents.

What do you guys expect from him going forward?
StudentOfTheGame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Deuce McAllister

Postby Sgt. Apone » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:43 am

He had the most success of all the Saints running backs last week(albeit on only 2 carries)

I guess if you go by yards per carry vs the Washington Redskins, Deuce is the guy; McAllister had 2 carries for 10 yds, and Thomas had 6 carries for 8 yards............plus a touchdown and 2 receptions for 29 yards, Bush had 10 rushes for 28 yards and 7 receptions for 63 yds

Deuce is on the wire for a reason, I think you're reaching ..... Pierre is probably the guy to own in my opinion
sig. by Deluxe
Sgt. Apone
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Deuce McAllister

Postby shagworth » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:39 pm

I have Pierre on my bench and Duece is still on the wire..and I'm very comfortable with that...When the coaching staff is saying "Deuce has a roll on this team, we just don't know what it is." That's not a good thing.
Props to soty for the sig!
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk