PBC Week 3: Cowboys/Packers - Battle for the NFC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

PBC Week 3: Cowboys/Packers - Battle for the NFC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:30 pm

This thread is designated for the use of the Cafe Paper Bag Challenge. If you don't know what this is, please see this thread for more information.

Please do not post in this thread if you do not wish to participate in the PBC. ALL game commentary should go in the Game Commentary thread created by our beloved Webhamster found in this forum before the game. This thread can be used for trash talk and recruiting people, but if we could keep it as clean as possible from all game commentary, it would be much appreciated.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: PBC Week 3: Cowboys/Packers - Battle for the NFC East

Postby Popcynical » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:36 pm

Or just the NFC in general... :-b

Oh so in. Lets see what Rodgers does with a full game. And we got Woodson this time.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:17 pm

Lot of Pack fans on here so i expect a good turnout from both teams. I'm in!

Should be a great game. ;-D This game happens in December and the pack have a chance. But in Septy We got it!
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby tarpon17 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:32 am

IN! No way the Pack can keep up with us. The D may give up a few pts, but not enough.
tarpon17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:50 pm

Definitely IN. Pack's gonna roll, as mentioned: Woodson v. TO, should be a good matchup.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby howardryan6 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:59 pm

I'm in. My bias has the 'Boys going 16-0 this year, so count me in for every week.
I love Chris Davis!
howardryan6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgan » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:44 am

Allow me to accompany my "I'm in" statement with a lengthy rant. :-b

I can't believe Dallas is actually coming to Green Bay. After being forced to play them in Dallas year after year (I don't think Favre ever beat them in their building), they are finally coming here. Such a rare event deserves my highest level of enthusiastic hatred of the Cowgirls.

NFLNetwork was playing the '95 NFC Championship game today. Couldn't help but sit and watch the horror yet again. The cheap shots, including essentially ending the career of John Jurkovich. The taunting. The cocky Dallas punks, Irvin and Sanders. The horrible officiating, especially the lack of offensive pass interference as Irvin repeatedly pushed defenders off. I still wonder if the stripes were on Jerry Jones payroll.

Am I a sore loser? Heck yes! We lost in the playoffs to those jerks what? 3 years in a row? And we always had to play there, both regular and postseason. Then we didn't even have the honor of kicking their butts in the playoffs on the way to our Superbowl win because they lost to an expansion team...how pathetic is that?

I hated the Cowboys before the mid-90s, and I hated them even more after. I still hate them even though they have pretty much sucked since the salary cap era finally put an end to Jerry Jones buying the best player available at every position. And I still hate the 'Emmit Smith is the greatest!' crap. No, Emmit Smith's O-line was the greatest. All he had to do was put his head down and follow Larry Allen's oversized rear.

So take that Dallas fans. Although I do not hate you, I hate your team. I hate Deion Sanders pointing at the scoreboard. I hate Jerry Jones and his gazillion dollar new stadium. I hate Tony Romo (even though he is on my fantasy team) and his ditz of a girlfriend. I HATE THE COWBOYS.

I know hate is a strong word, but I cannot deny it. Dallas might as well be in the NFC North, because I hate them as much as the Bears and Viqueens. I don't know if other Packer fans hold such vehemence against that big ugly blue star...I hope not...the hate can take you over from the inside. You become a mean-spirited irresponsible person. Some day, perhaps I will overcome this weakness. Perhaps I can begin this transformation now by being positive rather than negative...

GO PACKERS!

and the Cowboys suck!!!! well...that didn't work
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Manja » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:37 am

dgan wrote: The horrible officiating, especially the lack of offensive pass interference as Irvin repeatedly pushed defenders off. I still wonder if the stripes were on Jerry Jones payroll.

I thought they put in the push-off rule in because of Irvin after this? Or am I wrong?

But I'm in for the 'Boys. NFC dominance is ours.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ltsnead » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:02 pm

howardryan6 wrote:I'm in. My bias has the 'Boys going 16-0 this year, so count me in for every week.

My bias has them going 16-0 every year ;-D

I'm in!
Last edited by ltsnead on Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ltsnead
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Tyeattolah » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:10 pm

I'm in too! Go Cowboys!!!

But where are all the Pack fans??? not willing to stick your heads in a bag??? ;-)
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting