Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:46 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:
knapplc wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:Why does everybody have Kansas ahead of Ohio State?

Kansas beat two scrubs, then lost to South Florida. Ohio State beat two scrubs, then lost to USC. Granted, USC but a bigger whipping on Ohio State but USC is #1 team in the majority of people's polls while USF averages 12th.

Kansas is better than OSU, easy. KU lost, barely, to a very good South Florida team, at their house, at night. It was a last-second field goal that beat them, and then only after KU had one bad quarter (the third) where they were just... flat.

OSU, as everyone saw, had absolutely no business on the same field as USC. It wasn't even close. Had OSU even put up a fight in that game I'd consider putting the two closer, but as of today, I would be pretty certain that KU would beat OSU on OSU's field. In fact, I'm pretty certain of it.

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised you even ask the question. It makes me wonder how much you've seen of the four teams.

I watched the entire Kansas/USF game and the entire USC/OSU game.

You said that OSU had no business on the same field as USC. Would Kansas have any business on the same field as USC? Do you think Kansas would be more competitive with USC?

No.

KU defense is overrated because of the teams they played. They are solid in the back 7, but up front they can be pushed around. Due to that they will be able to be exposed when they bring someone up to stop the run. I agree with Knapp that KU played a heck of a game against a good team on the road at night, but I still think KU is a bit overrated, and I don't see them beating OK, Texas, TT, or Mizzo. The Big 12 and SEC are clearly a step above the other conferences and the Big 12 maybe better this year.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:57 am

Everyone, with the exception of Oklahoma, would be destroyed by USC right now. But that's not the question. The question is the relative "goodness" of KU vs. OSU.

I contend that Kanas would win, this week, if they played at Ohio State. I would be comfortable saying that even with a healthy Beanie Wells. They're just a better football team.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:00 am

deerayfan072 wrote:The Big 12 and SEC are clearly a step above the other conferences and the Big 12 maybe better this year.

I would definitely rank the SEC and Big XII 1-2 right now. I have no idea who is better at this point. Both conferences have a buttload of good teams.

It's nice to be from one of the top conferences again. It wasn't very long ago (beginning of last year, IIRC) that we were talking about how truly awful the Big XII North was.

I'll be sure to enjoy it while it lasts. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:08 am

knapplc wrote:I contend that Kanas would win, this week, if they played at Ohio State. I would be comfortable saying that even with a healthy Beanie Wells. They're just a better football team.

I disagree.

Matt Grothe threw for over 300 yards against Kansas.

Is Kansas' offense better than Ohio State's? Yes
Is Kansas' defense better than Ohio State's? No
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:10 am

The fact of the matter is, Shoey, that I'm right and you're wrong, and anybody can see that.

So there. :-D O:-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:13 am

Mugrila just PMed me a change in his rankings, which changed the Top 25. He did not have OSU in his rankings he sent to me, but he meant to. They were put between PSU and USF in his rankings, which moved OSU up a spot.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:20 am

knapplc wrote:The fact of the matter is, Shoey, that I'm right and you're wrong, and anybody can see that.

It hurts to be wrong. :~(
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mugrila » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:27 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Mugrila just PMed me a change in his rankings, which changed the Top 25. He did not have OSU in his rankings he sent to me, but he meant to. They were put between PSU and USF in his rankings, which moved OSU up a spot.

Yeah, I'm an idiot, my fault guys.
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:35 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:
knapplc wrote:The fact of the matter is, Shoey, that I'm right and you're wrong, and anybody can see that.

And it's almost impossible to argue with the kind of logic I'm using, too. I know it's unfair, but I had to pull out the big guns. I almost went with "I'm rubber, you're glue" but I thought that would be too much.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ShoelessJoe » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:40 am

knapplc wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:

And it's almost impossible to argue with the kind of logic I'm using, too. I know it's unfair, but I had to pull out the big guns. I almost went with "I'm rubber, you're glue" but I thought that would be too much.

You wanna do a sig challenge for who does better for the rest of the regular season (Win-Loss determinant)? If Kansas makes it to the Big 12 game that doesn't count since it would be an additional game.

Loser has to wear a Gator/Husker signature for a month after the regular season.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to College Football