Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:14 pm

Sadly, they are still Wisconsin. :-D

I think they'll be fine this year, and I think they have a great shot at taking the Big 10. We'll see.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:37 pm

I'm late to the party here, so I'll play catch-up.

-For Kansas/Ohio State, give me Kansas any day if they were to play each other. Yeah, Kansas lost to a lessor opponent than OSU did, but at least they just lost to them (and closely), as compared to what OSU did, which was far worse than just losing. Sure, they both beat two scrubs before that, but OSU didn't look good against Ohio either. In fact, OSU has looked awful against every D1 opponent they've faced thusfar.

-For USC being able to annhilate anyone short of Oklahoma, I disagree. They beat up on two poor very overrated teams (yes, even Virginia is overrated because people still see them as Virginia, not as the terrible team that they are this year). If Florida plays Ohio State in week 3 of 2006 does everyone they think there miles ahead of everyone else? Given that they struggled against basically everyone else that year that wasn't a total bottom dwellar, clearly they were not. USC will be helped by the Pac-10 being down some this year compared to the last few, but they'll still have some tight ones throughout the year. I'm not sold on Sanchez yet at all.

-For Hsker ranking OSU outside the top 30 among a few other odd rankings, we all know each other and each other's tendencies around here pretty well by now, so everyone pretty much knows that he takes a very different approach to ranking then most, putting by far the most weight into exactly what you've done, into wins/losses straight up, and with very little "eyeball test" considered. There's nothing wrong with that, since there is certainly no pre-determined or "best" way to figure this stuff out, but understanding that he approaches it very differently should help him not have to re-explain himself 6 times every week ;-)
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Re: Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:51 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
knapplc wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I'm liking Penn St. more and more each time I see them play. I really think they belong in that top 10, despite the weakness of their conference.

They certainly bear watching. They're not a bad team. We'll have to see if they continue their dominance. It does suck about their conference, but you never know - OSU could suddenly find themselves, Michigan could right their ship and/or Wisconsin/Illinois could rise up and become a contender.


Wisconsin is a good football team. UM will not be good this season


I agree on both counts. I think that Penn St. and Wisconsin are the only real contenders in the Big 10 this year. OSU will be fine, but they showed this past week that they don't belong on the same field as at least one other team in the country, and I'd say many more than that.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:49 pm

article is up ;-D
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:32 pm

Wow, very well done Dee. I'm digging the format.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Re: Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Postby VaderFin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:54 pm

Nice job, Dee. I am however offended that you gave FSU a 30 from me when it should be a 31. :-D ;-)
Image
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7030
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In my Tie Fighter blowing up Rebels

Re: Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:58 pm

VaderFin wrote:Nice job, Dee. I am however offended that you gave FSU a 30 from me when it should be a 31. :-D ;-)


Dang it. I hope I am not screwing anything else up :-? One number off could effect it all the way down :-t
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:43 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Nice job, Dee. I am however offended that you gave FSU a 30 from me when it should be a 31. :-D ;-)


Dang it. I hope I am not screwing anything else up :-? One number off could effect it all the way down :-t


Dont beat yourself up. Youre doing well! ;-D ;-D
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3936
Joined: 8 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Postby Mobile1551 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:17 pm

Hows Wisconsins passing game? and wow Air Force can beat us? man we're screwed lol
Mobile1551
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 44
Joined: 3 Sep 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:40 pm

Mobile1551 wrote:Hows Wisconsins passing game? and wow Air Force can beat us? man we're screwed lol


It's good, because we all know who you're referring to when you say us. ;-7

And Wisc's passing game is average, I'd say. Their strength is their running game, especially when P.J. Hill is healthy.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

PreviousNext

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 5:26 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact