Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 4 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:19 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Okay, so I'm getting ready to do my rankings now. I'm not really sure what to make of Wake, but we'll see how this goes.

Here is my thoughts on Wake -- There defense is very good IMO. They have 9 guys that will be drafted in the NFL with at least 2 going in the first 2 rounds IMO. There offense is rebuilding with the O-line and the Wide outs, but Riley Skinner is making due with his tight ends. I think they are the team to beat in the ACC and had thy not made dumb mistakes last night they would have put up a good amount of points on a good defense at home. I think they are the class of the ACC, but not sure where that transfers to the other conferences
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:57 am

VaderFin wrote:Everybody who gave FSU votes after 2 wins over 1AA teams = LOL.

LMAO. Same goes for anyone who ranked Wake...

Jesus...7 turnovers by FSU (all within FSU territory, with 6 inside the FSU 32 yard line), and all they can muster is 12 points? 2-15 on 3rd down...1.6 Yards per rush...

Dominance I tell you. Dominance.

Battle of who sucked the least if I ever saw one...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:02 pm

jayday wrote:

Jesus...7 turnovers by FSU (all within FSU territory, with 6 inside the FSU 32 yard line), and all they can muster is 12 points? 2-15 on 3rd down...1.6 Yards per rush...

Like I said above, Wakes defense is nasty and will keep em in it. I have never seen Wake make that many mistakes in a game though. They are normally a very solid team that does not make mistakes. Also, if you think Wake was bad, what does that make FSU for that performance?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:14 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
jayday wrote:

Like I said above, Wakes defense is nasty and will keep em in it. I have never seen Wake make that many mistakes in a game though. They are normally a very solid team that does not make mistakes. Also, if you think Wake was bad, what does that make FSU for that performance?

I'm in no way defending my FSU rank, but neither of these teams looked like Top 25 teams. I was just responding to Vader and you as well for trashing FSU when Wake put up a terrible performance as well. Read my last line again and it sums up about how I felt about that game...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:16 pm

jayday wrote:I'm in no way defending my FSU rank, but neither of these teams looked like Top 25 teams. I was just responding to Vader and you as well for trashing FSU when Wake put up a terrible performance as well. Read my last line again and it sums up about how I felt about that game...

Yea I hear ya, and totally understand. I guess I chalk the Wake penalties and mistakes up to one bad game since I have seen them play all there games this year and they didn't make any of those in the other games.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:08 pm

jayday wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
jayday wrote:LMAO. Same goes for anyone who ranked Wake...

I'm in no way defending my FSU rank, but neither of these teams looked like Top 25 teams. I was just responding to Vader and you as well for trashing FSU when Wake put up a terrible performance as well. Read my last line again and it sums up about how I felt about that game...

You so were trying to defend it. :-b ;-)

And while they haven't been world beaters Wake has beat 3 BCS teams so far.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:33 pm

Like I said, for most people probably did so due simply to lack of better options.

Besides, just about everyone (you included I believe) ranked that awful Hawaii team last year because they beat a bunch of teams that were a half-step away from being D2 schools, despite going into overtime with two of said chumps. Not only that, many people not only ranked them, but ranked them in the top 10.

Now THAT is lol-worthy.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby VaderFin » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:08 pm

I didn't post last year so I didn't rank Hawaii. But I'm sure I would have. :-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:10 pm

Free Bagel wrote:

Like I said, for most people probably did so due simply to lack of better options.

Besides, just about everyone (you included I believe) ranked that awful Hawaii team last year because they beat a bunch of teams that were a half-step away from being D2 schools, despite going into overtime with two of said chumps. Not only that, many people not only ranked them, but ranked them in the top 10.

Now THAT is lol-worthy.

I didn't rank them, and I didn't rank FSU ;-) :-b
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:56 am

How far is Oregon gonna slide? :-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to College Football