Whiney Denver fans among the moderators... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whiney Denver fans among the moderators...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Paladyr » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:30 am

DUKE wrote:I know most of the mod's "teams" and i can only think of 1 whos team is the Broncos and he's hardly ever in here. I didn't see the thread in question, but are you sure there isn't any other reason why it got the axe?

He probably called denver fans idiots or something like that. There is probably a good reason it was removed.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Poobah » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:01 pm

I don't know if any of us can comment, because we didn't read the original post. However, I have never seen the mods shy from posts that rake their teams over the coals. Judging by how membership in here has something like tripled (probably even more than that) since football season started, there are a lot of things being done well in here. Therefore, I'd give the mods the benefit of the doubt, and you darned well know I'm no Bronco fan.

1st place in the NFC East boys ;-D ;-D ;-D
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Re: Whiney Denver fans among the moderators...

Postby ynot » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:48 pm

ffgod wrote:It would appear we have the same pitiful Denver fans among the moderators as that exist elsewhere.

I posted a thread last night cappin' on the Denver loss and the response of their fans AND IT WAS REMOVED IN THE LAST FEW HOURS!!!

Pitiful! We can cap on Viking fans, we can cap on Detroit fans but we better not touch the high and mighty Denver Broncos or their fans!!

There was no cursing, no foul language just too much opinion for some moderator I guess!

Of course this thread will probably be removed before you get to read it! Enjoy your "sanitized" forum guys! Did I say PITIFUL?!

Something I thought of that may have had a bearing on this. Perhaps your post was removed because of something someone else said in reply.

If you were smacking Denver and their fans (even without vulgarity) it may have produced quite a few responses that weren't quite so clean. Perhaps there were responses that needed to be removed because of their content.

The mods here do seem to allow all the trash-talking I've seen so perhaps this is the case. On the other hand couldn't they just remove the offending post? Oh well, just a thought.

ynot
ynot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ffgod » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:12 pm

To those morons who are assuming I didn't place a post, here is the text of the e-mail telling me that 1 person had responded to the post:

Hello ffgod,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic
"Nothin' sweeter than whiney Denver fans..." at Fantasy Football Cafe Forum.
This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the
following link to view the replies made; no more notifications will be
sent until you visit the topic.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=215091#215091

Go ahead and try the link.

You can assume I'm lying about the post or lying about the language in it but your just assumin'!

The fact is that someone with the ability to delete posts didn't like what I said even though I've seen just as much trash talked on a current thread about the "Vikequeens".

There is your unbiased moderators! And if they didn't like something that was said by a response post then they could have just as easily deleted that one!

Its obvious what happened folks! Just thought you would want to know what type of forum your on. I've never seen this happen at ESPN, Sportingnews, or Fantasy Sharks forums.
ffgod
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Fern » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:17 pm

I think perhaps you're missing the point. The guy's post (I'm assuming here since I didn't get to read it) was one fan's opinion. Why does that necessitate removing it? If all the opinions on this forum that were without basis were removed we would be looking at one rather empty web page! Posts should only be removed if they are vulgar or in some way unfit for a website that could be viewed by anyone of any age. they should not be removed because we don't like their opinion.

I also wonder, respectfully, if you're a Denver fan. Your comments sound like it and thats OK; I was just curious.

ynot

I agree with what your saying, and no im not a Denver fan although I like Portis. My point was that, from reading his post, there was no point for it. He didn't say anything constructive it was just Denver sucks and there fans are whiney. To me all that is is bait to start a flame war. The thing I like about coming to the cafe is that there is usefull information, not just so and so sucks or your an idiot etc, etc. I agree that opinions shouldn't be sensored, but I also think posts should contain a certain level of maturity so that they can be discussed and I personally feel his post didn't show that so as I said before I agree with the deletion of his post.
Fern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JayM09 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:21 pm

first off i am a mod

i am not a denver fan, and i did not remove your thread.

i have read your previous thread and do not see why it was moved. maybe another mod may have thought it was a double post and then removed it. it was their call.

besides, theres no need to whine about it, if its a clean post then just post it again.
[b]cafe leagues
nkl 9-6 #3 seed, runner-up
budbowl 10-5 #3 seed. 3rd place
vxl 11-4 #1 seed, runner-up
gbffl 10-5 #2 seed, lost semis
cafe champs 12-4 #1 seed, runner-up[/b]
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ynot » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:25 pm

ynot wrote:I think perhaps you're missing the point. The guy's post (I'm assuming here since I didn't get to read it) was one fan's opinion. Why does that necessitate removing it? If all the opinions on this forum that were without basis were removed we would be looking at one rather empty web page! Posts should only be removed if they are vulgar or in some way unfit for a website that could be viewed by anyone of any age. they should not be removed because we don't like their opinion.

I also wonder, respectfully, if you're a Denver fan. Your comments sound like it and thats OK; I was just curious.

ynot

Fern wrote:I agree with what your saying, and no im not a Denver fan although I like Portis. My point was that, from reading his post, there was no point for it. He didn't say anything constructive it was just Denver sucks and there fans are whiney. To me all that is is bait to start a flame war. The thing I like about coming to the cafe is that there is usefull information, not just so and so sucks or your an idiot etc, etc. I agree that opinions shouldn't be sensored, but I also think posts should contain a certain level of maturity so that they can be discussed and I personally feel his post didn't show that so as I said before I agree with the deletion of his post.

Excellent points Fern. We probably should have been bringing up some of your thoughts also. I also have appreciated the constructive nature of most posts in the Cafe.

But I still balk at the deletion of posts simply based on their stupidity or anger. We as posters should take those people to task and make them give reasons and facts for their ranting. Deleting it from up top seems too "Big Brother" for me.

Thanks for the response.

ynot
ynot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:33 pm

Like it or not...that's how it went down...who's whining now?
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:44 pm

seriously, posts dont get deleted on purpose because someone objects with an opinion.

You're sadly mistaken if you think that.

And for those of you who jumped on the bandwagon, when was the last time you ever saw a post deleted in the Cafe because it wasn't inflammatory or attacking?

I thought so.

More often than not threads are locked because of moronic BS. I suspect that if yours was not inflammatory or attacking, it should have been locked.

Maybe it was accidental? Why don't you freaking ASK first instead of jumping out of the frying pan (and your skull) and into the fire?

Sheesh..

some peoples children.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:30 pm

So when is this thread getting deleted? :)
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk