Whiney Denver fans among the moderators... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whiney Denver fans among the moderators...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:58 pm

im not sure whats going on, but im pretty sure none of us are broncos fans. i havent seen the post, but im sure there was a perfectly good reason for it to be removed. by jumping to off-based conclusions ur being a whole lot more unfair then ur accusing us of being.

besides u could just ask what happened instead of flippin out. u dont wanna start a fight with the mods.

oh and btw, the rest of u guys are just as stupid for beliveing him. good grief. this is a very "uncool and pityful" thread. :-t
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Petey » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:07 pm

Mods aren't here to flex their muscles. They do a good job and keep the BS out. If you want to fight with Bronco fans, then go to their teams messsage board and talk smack.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby ynot » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:38 pm

awwchrist wrote:seriously, posts dont get deleted on purpose because someone objects with an opinion.

You're sadly mistaken if you think that.

And for those of you who jumped on the bandwagon, when was the last time you ever saw a post deleted in the Cafe because it wasn't inflammatory or attacking?

I thought so.

More often than not threads are locked because of moronic BS. I suspect that if yours was not inflammatory or attacking, it should have been locked.

Maybe it was accidental? Why don't you freaking ASK first instead of jumping out of the frying pan (and your skull) and into the fire?

Sheesh..

some peoples children.

You have shamed me into silence...well, maybe just a little silence! ;-D

I merely reacted to quite an interesting post and what was being said. A poor reaction? It would appear so. I am a new poster here and if you and your 1,887 posts say there is no basis to this silliness then me and my paltry 35 posts will believe you and move on my merry way!

Thanks for your insights and for saying them without being a jerk about it. Much appreciated.

ynot
ynot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:01 pm

If I have to come in here again . . .
I'm cracking skulls ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:09 pm

This is ridiculous, the mods deleted it because it was an ignorant post, not because they disagreed with it. As Guttpuppy said, it's over and done with.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MadScott » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:19 pm

ffgod wrote:To those morons who are assuming....

Wow, I wonder where anyone would get the idea that you were badmouthing anyone. ;-7

I think that the mods here do a pretty damn fine job of keeping this place clean. There's a certain amount of discretion that they must use to keep the forum at a certain level. As a moderator, you are certainly not going to let anything manifest itself into a war of flames, and to me it sounds like you were, and still are, trying to head down that path.

Its obvious what happened folks! Just thought you would want to know what type of forum your on. I've never seen this happen at ESPN, Sportingnews, or Fantasy Sharks forums.

If it's really that much of a problem for you, why don't you just go away and visit those other places where you don't seem to have a problem? I really don't understand folks that go into forums, raise hell and then stomp their feet when they get called on it.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:14 pm

In defense of the Mod squad I haven't noticed any of them being Bronco fans. They may have questionable tastes in their fav teams but all in all seem to be able to take the slings and arrows that come with losing. They also seem to do a great job tending their posts here. I didn't get to read every reply to the post in question, but if the mods thought it needed deep sixed, I'm at peace with that. Remember you may have conducted yourself appropriately but others may have gone too far. Now stop your whining and lets get on with our lack of lives!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby kamakazi_kal » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:39 pm

im a bronco fan.....

waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

injuries suck
kamakazi_kal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:35 pm

1) The posts sole intent was to rile up Bronco fans and start a flame war.

2) This current post is whinier than any Denver fan I've seen on the forum. FFGOD is clearly the whiner here.

3) It isn't just Denver fans who act like this. Have you ever talked to a Packer fan?

4) The mods here are actually pretty decent. As an experienced evaluater of moderators and their behaviors, I will attest that cafe mods generally have done a fine job. Not everyone is going to be completely happy with their jobs. Some will feel even the most offensive comments should stay due to free speech, others would prefer any post using a 4-letter word stronger than 'darn' should be deleted.

Occasionally, some loser that can't handle the fact that his post got deleted comes in and cries about it, and blames the mods for singling his post out and accuses them all of being Denver fans. These losers are so mad at the world and everyone in it for their own life failures that they go into internet forums and try to start flame wars with other users in a desperate cry for attention. When their mindless, inflammatory post gets deleted they get even madder and start the equivalent of a temper tantrum in the forum.

FFGOD, I think you need a TIME OUT, and then a nap, because you are getting a little cranky, junior.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:07 pm

awwchrist wrote:seriously, posts dont get deleted on purpose because someone objects with an opinion.

You're sadly mistaken if you think that.

And for those of you who jumped on the bandwagon, when was the last time you ever saw a post deleted in the Cafe because it wasn't inflammatory or attacking?

I thought so.

More often than not threads are locked because of moronic BS. I suspect that if yours was not inflammatory or attacking, it should have been locked.

Maybe it was accidental? Why don't you freaking ASK first instead of jumping out of the frying pan (and your skull) and into the fire?

Sheesh..

some peoples children.

Actually, I made a post about my 1800 post mark and it got deleted just because they want to save the joy for bigger accomplishments, like 2k. It wasn't bad.

Packer fans are just as big whiners as Bronco fans. I didn't see the thread, but I am assuming there was a reason for deleting it.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk