Whiney Denver fans among the moderators... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whiney Denver fans among the moderators...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:50 pm

Yeah, Packer fans are STILL whining about that legal hit when Sapp just destroyed Chad Clifton.

Their coach even whined about it to Sapp after the game, but ran away when Sapp got in his face.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:00 am

M_Zimm wrote:
awwchrist wrote:seriously, posts dont get deleted on purpose because someone objects with an opinion.

You're sadly mistaken if you think that.

And for those of you who jumped on the bandwagon, when was the last time you ever saw a post deleted in the Cafe because it wasn't inflammatory or attacking?

I thought so.

More often than not threads are locked because of moronic BS. I suspect that if yours was not inflammatory or attacking, it should have been locked.

Maybe it was accidental? Why don't you freaking ASK first instead of jumping out of the frying pan (and your skull) and into the fire?

Sheesh..

some peoples children.

Actually, I made a post about my 1800 post mark and it got deleted just because they want to save the joy for bigger accomplishments, like 2k. It wasn't bad.

Packer fans are just as big whiners as Bronco fans. I didn't see the thread, but I am assuming there was a reason for deleting it.

Nobody makes threads about the 1800 milestone.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:47 am

First, it wasn’t me who deleted that thread, but I DID delete two guest messages in it, they were obviously from a Denver fan, all he did was cuss ffgod out.

Now it may be that another Mod saw those types of responses and decided the post was too inflammatory, after seeing the two guest posts, I would have to agree with him.

Some people can talk smack in an adult manner, others only know the gutter style (Cussing and personal insults), there is no room here for the gutter style.

I’m not a Denver fan either !
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby The Super Freak » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:12 am

i am with Zimm packer fans are the biggest whiners you've ever seen they say nothin when the viks win and when the pack wins oh my goodness we have too rub it in MAN I HATE THE PACK
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Arlo » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:25 am

One of the mods is a Broncos fan?! Did Slow finally give up on the Brownies? 8-o

ynot wrote:Excellent points Fern. We probably should have been bringing up some of your thoughts also. I also have appreciated the constructive nature of most posts in the Cafe.

But I still balk at the deletion of posts simply based on their stupidity or anger. We as posters should take those people to task and make them give reasons and facts for their ranting. Deleting it from up top seems too "Big Brother" for me.

Thanks for the response.

ynot

I think ynot's comments go to the heart of the issue. I also balk at deleting posts, but sometimes the stupidity or anger reaches a level where it becomes necessary. On the stupidity side, for instance, we occasionally get spam posts ("Now YOU TOO can be part of the chain mail experience!!!") masquerading as football information with titles like "Important Priest Holmes News!" Nobody comes here to have to wade through that sort of thing, and I'm sure nobody would argue with deleting a post like that.

The mods always show great restraint in removing posts or threads (and I feel that their judgment is excellent), but sometimes, it's simply necessary. In this case, the decision was the correct one.

And while it should probably go without saying, let me reassure you that no post has ever been removed due to team bias...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby menyak » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:24 pm

ynot wrote:I also have appreciated the constructive nature of most posts in the Cafe.

But I still balk at the deletion of posts simply based on their stupidity or anger.

Interesting points there. "I like a clean city, but boy do I hate what those garbagemen do!" Not much anyone can say against that. :-D
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:06 pm

man this thread i funny ...... bronco fans are whiners, viking fans calling out cheese heads saying their whiners whoaa big suprise there, next its gonna be 49er fans calling ram fans loser crybabies, sheesh why not drag out every rivalry since the 50's
when one team gets throttled by the other every big man in the room steps out and has to take a shot, thats why i stay in the start/sit fourm 90% of the time

and why not have an all smack talk room with a warning for 18 and over......... so every meathead that feels like running smack can???

Friendliness: %

Postby kamakazi_kal » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:09 pm

forgot to log in.......
kamakazi_kal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Homeless » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:16 pm

kamakazi_kal wrote:why not have an all smack talk room with a warning for 18 and over......... so every meathead that feels like running smack can???.

We have discussed the idea and decided against it. Back in the off season we had a few guys that got really nuts in the division forums.
Seems it will just create more trouble than its worth.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:28 pm

I just wanted to go on record saying that I like the cafe a lot. I am glad that they try to keep it clean. I do dissagree with some of the mods decisions, but I don't think anybody should bash them like some have been doing. If you don't like how he site is you don't have to stay. The mods have a tough job as it is.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk