Frerotte to start! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Frerotte to start!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Frerotte to start!

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:08 pm

Sidney Rice & Berrian's value=Increase.

How much remains to be seen but he can at least complete a pass, I'd buy low on either of these guys know, and I still love Rice's red zone ability, now this is not to mistake Frerotte for Jay Cutler but they will be a better passing team and those WR's should be more productive because of it.

I picked up Frerotte a few days ago in my dynasty that starts two QB's, once I read Childress' comments backtracking off Jackson some I figured this was coming and somebody wasn't willing to wait around for Jackson.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:17 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:On second thought, I hate this move. Jackson, at this point, is not a good QB and I will not try to refute that. But I still feel he is the QB that best gives the Vikings a chance to win. If Shiancoe doesn't drop a pass in the endzone last week nobody is complaining about Jackson and the Vikings are 1-1. Childress goes to bat for this guy for 2 years and bails now after only 16 career starts? If you had any semblance of doubt that Jackson was the man, bring in a capable veteran to compete and step in if needed, not Frerotte who is a career backup and best used for short stretches. Gus will likely get exposed if he is out there for any length of time.

Seems like an attempt by Childress to save face. Jackson is being scapegoated for poor decisions and playcalling by Chilly. God I hate Brad Childress.

Neither of them are very good at what they are doing. One down, one to go. It still baffles me why we didn't pursue more options at the start of the season.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby treat24 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Tarvaris Jackson-QB- Vikings Sep. 17 - 2:02 pm et

Tavaris Jackson will be Gus Frerotte's backup "for the rest of the season," according to Brad Childress.
Frerotte is unlikely to stay healthy that long. While this is the right decision, the Vikings have wasted three years on Jackson and should have upgraded the position earlier. The defining moment of the Jackson era, so far, was Childress calling a run on third-and-five last week when a first down could have put the Colts away.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby TheDiplomats » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:35 pm

This is great news as an AP owner. Frerotte may not have Jacksons mobility, but at the very least he throws a good deep ball and is moderately accurate. This will keep defenses honest. I thought Frerotte was great filling in for Bulger over the past couple of years.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jfg » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:35 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:On second thought, I hate this move. Jackson, at this point, is not a good QB and I will not try to refute that. But I still feel he is the QB that best gives the Vikings a chance to win. If Shiancoe doesn't drop a pass in the endzone last week nobody is complaining about Jackson and the Vikings are 1-1. Childress goes to bat for this guy for 2 years and bails now after only 16 career starts? If you had any semblance of doubt that Jackson was the man, bring in a capable veteran to compete and step in if needed, not Frerotte who is a career backup and best used for short stretches. Gus will likely get exposed if he is out there for any length of time.

Seems like an attempt by Childress to save face. Jackson is being scapegoated for poor decisions and playcalling by Chilly. God I hate Brad Childress.

I need to see Brad Childress playbook without T-Jack crippling it and if the game plan doesn't change and the Vikes are in the same place in a few weeks Chilly might be a distant memory anyway. Wilf's spent way too much on that team to let an stubborn, inept coach make it look like garbage. But, I think we need to see what this team is and how Childress calls the game with a QB who might be able to make some plays.
jfg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BlueBandit24 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:42 pm

jfg wrote:I need to see Brad Childress playbook without T-Jack crippling it and if the game plan doesn't change and the Vikes are in the same place in a few weeks Chilly might be a distant memory anyway. Wilf's spent way too much on that team to let an stubborn, inept coach make it look like garbage. But, I think we need to see what this team is and how Childress calls the game with a QB who might be able to make some plays.

That's fair. But I haven't seen any QB who has had success in this system (Brad Johnson, Brooks Bollinger, Kelly Holcomb, Tarvaris). Granted, not exactly a Pro-Bowl lineup, but the overall QB mess is on Childress' shoulders and I don't feel Frerotte is much of an upgrade over any of those guys. Childress effed this thing up from the start and is now stuck with sub-par QB play on a team that's ready to win now.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:37 pm

Yeah be prepared to see the Vikes run AD into the ground. :-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:39 pm

Trent Dilfer won a ring. Grossman got to the dance. The Vikings still have a chance with Frerotte.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:20 pm

Why in the hell didn't they pursue Pennington? He could of managed this team deep into the playoffs, and they play in a dome also, he at least can convert a 3rd and short.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby SniperShot » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm

Cool but the end result will still be the same...

Panthers are gonna dominate this weekend! Go Steve Smith, happy to have ya back! ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk