Frerotte to start! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Frerotte to start!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Frerotte to start!

Postby Cleokatrah » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:05 am

TheDiplomats wrote:This is great news as an AP owner. Frerotte may not have Jacksons mobility, but at the very least he throws a good deep ball and is moderately accurate. This will keep defenses honest. I thought Frerotte was great filling in for Bulger over the past couple of years.
I was surprised Jackson made it through two games, to be honest. I watched one Minny preseason game and TJ slothed around the field like a slow cow while Frerotte looked confident and threw well. I told my husband Jackson wouldn't be starting long and I've been waiting for him to come free. In my 2 QB leagues, he is a sacred possession when the Tom Brady owner is now starting Orton ^_~
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Frerotte to start!

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:08 am

LS2throwed wrote:Why in the hell didn't they pursue Pennington? He could of managed this team deep into the playoffs, and they play in a dome also, he at least can convert a 3rd and short.

There are many head coaches who fall in love with players and their measureables, die becuase of their faith in their ability to coach. T Jackson has great mobility and a strong arm. A coach can teach him the fundamentals like accuracy and making reads. Or so coaches think. Childress had no reason to pursue another QB becuase he was teaching Jackson fundamentals...and inflating every little step of progress shown in the controlled environments known as practice. But come game day Jackson showed obvious signs of not being ready and finally after two games enough signs of regression that he had to be replaced. Too late to get a Penninton, who I feel would have given this team a real shot.
At least he made the change. Now he will fall on the sword of Jackson promise and his own unwillingness to admit failure. He will keep him as a back-up for injury prone, clay-footed Ferrotte. The Vikes should be signing a back up QB right now. Success in football can be fleeting, gotta grab at the brass ring when it's close.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk