A tribute to The Detroit Lions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

A tribute to The Detroit Lions

Moderator: Football Moderators

A tribute to The Detroit Lions

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:05 pm

A Thorn in the Paw

If traversing in the motor city to avoid tornados, head to the Silverdome where never a touchdown is scored. Local area residents are warned to put up goal posts and players stay out of your yard. Or making like Billy Graham and everyone stand up yelling Jesus Christ! Why are the Lions so bad, that is the Millen dollar question! Maybe its because they are confusing their playbook with a coloring book, hey I'm not finished with that yet!

Whats worse? They are teaching their kids this tradition. An exerpt from Mr. Ford's moonlighting job as a kindergarten teacher. "Ok class, count with me: 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5." I wonder if they will sign Rae Carruth, Cedric Benson, Brett Myers, or some other troubled athelete like and expect them to take them to glory. In Millen's head, "Uhh, who put the lights out?" or should I say "Bury his body across 8 mile!"

A recent conversation:
Millen -
"Hello there sir, my house or yours? ;-D"

Ford -
"We've had our behinds pounded enough already."

Millen -
"Oh come on man, I need my cookies and cream, Mmm, cookies and cream!"

Ford -
"Once you go grey, there's no other way!"

Millen -
"Its my turn, my turn, my turn to wear the strap-on!"

Ford -
"Ok, ok ok whatever. just report to my residence at 0900 hours for the time of your life. I need to be reminded of my boring life. Our evening will be like what happens on our team's football field every Sunday, we get our butts pounded and handed back to us!"

Millen -
"Sir, do not worry Kitna will average for 500 yards and 8 TDs for the rest of the season. Oh have you signed agreed of those guys I wanted you to sign?"

Ford -
"I still have to make a trip to a few places: Wayne County Juvenile Hall, Western Michigan Insane Asylum, amongst others."

Millen -
"I thought this was OUR special night! ((STOMPS FOOT ON 50 yard line repetively))

Ford -
"Don't worry if anyone writes a scathing editorial about us, I'll pay them off, or hire a hit on them, don't worry my love, everything will soon be made right!"

Millen -
"Yes yes, please daddy, make everything go away! I want to give more than 50 points a game so our nights can be even more special!"

Ford -
"Well my driver is waiting, lets get out of here while we still have both our heads, we will need them both. Last I checked, Its going to take them all to be able to figure out how to get home."

Millen -
"Oh boy! I can't wait!!!"
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: A tribute to The Detroit Lions

Postby stomperrob » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:16 pm

MadDog36 wrote:A Thorn in the Paw

If traversing in the motor city to avoid tornados, head to the Silverdome where never a touchdown is scored.

Reason there's no TD's scored there is because the Lions haven't played there for a couple years now! ;-) :-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: A tribute to The Detroit Lions

Postby RWLongy4 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:23 pm

stomperrob wrote:
MadDog36 wrote:A Thorn in the Paw

If traversing in the motor city to avoid tornados, head to the Silverdome where never a touchdown is scored.

Reason there's no TD's scored there is because the Lions haven't played there for a couple years now! ;-) :-D

It's ok they are few and far between at Ford Field :-b
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Detroit Lions