LJ why u gotta do us like that? $&*#!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LJ why u gotta do us like that? $&*#!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: LJ why u gotta do us like that? $&*#!!

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:21 pm

SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:Just traded LJ for Grant last week. Damn F U LJ.!!!!

What has Grant done that would make you want to deal for him?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:25 am

He certainly picked an interesting week to smite us all - I lost a nail-biter because of LJs pent-up rage :~(

I think I am going to start a Colston post so he can go nuts when he comes back :-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby u_fig_eater » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:20 pm

So we go from 198 yards and 2 TD's last week to 2 yards on 7 carries, 0TD's. That's a -196 yards swing, is that like an NFL record???
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby InsertNameHere » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:12 pm

If i wasn't so sure I was going to win despite LJ's 2 yards on 7 touches, Id be pretty pissed off right about now...
InsertNameHere
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:58 pm

LJ is sadly just a spot play at this point. C'mon, 2 frickin yards. Even when teams are facing the Steelers and Ravens they get more than that. LJ had 2 huge games against bad run D's. Carolina and Oakland aren't exactly stellar against the run and those games were pathetic. The following month after the bye will just be atrocious.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby InsertNameHere » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:45 pm

Azrael wrote:LJ is sadly just a spot play at this point. C'mon, 2 frickin yards. Even when teams are facing the Steelers and Ravens they get more than that. LJ had 2 huge games against bad run D's. Carolina and Oakland aren't exactly stellar against the run and those games were pathetic. The following month after the bye will just be atrocious.

It is clearly not entirly LJ's fault, id say 50% his 50% his team/line. And yes, Carolinas rush Def is considered somewhat stout. Definetly above-average.
InsertNameHere
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:17 am

InsertNameHere wrote:
Azrael wrote:LJ is sadly just a spot play at this point. C'mon, 2 frickin yards. Even when teams are facing the Steelers and Ravens they get more than that. LJ had 2 huge games against bad run D's. Carolina and Oakland aren't exactly stellar against the run and those games were pathetic. The following month after the bye will just be atrocious.

It is clearly not entirly LJ's fault, id say 50% his 50% his team/line. And yes, Carolinas rush Def is considered somewhat stout. Definetly above-average.

It may not all be on LJ, but all that factors in to how useful he is in fantasy, and it makes matters alot worse when they get down 3 scores early in the game, they were actually hanging around in the Denver game so they had a chance to run....LJ is just a flex play, or a bye week play at this point, if you have him your stuck with him, maybe you can get another big game and trade him.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Azrael » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:40 am

InsertNameHere wrote:

13th is average to me. And LJ's woes are more so the line than him. One thing I've learned in football is people over estimate the value of the back and underestimate the value of the Oline. Great backs can compensate somewhat but no one is running behind KC's against a half decent run D.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:23 pm

Good point after KC's bye this week they face the Titans, AT NYJ, TB & @ SD. Not an easy schedule coming off the bye.

I believe they said Alberts was out yesterday but two yards is horrible. I have LJ as my #3 RB and have been forced to play him with Westbrook being banged up lately. :-o
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Rman3911 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:58 pm

And to think two years ago I picked him #1 overall...What a downslide.
Rman3911
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk