Cheap Ass League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cheap Ass League

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cheap Ass League

Postby pigskinnhorsehide » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:40 pm

Went to the Niners-Seahawks game this past weekend. My first NFL game. B-) Had great seats in the endzone and twice the football was kicked over the netting into the crowd and as you would expect there was a huge scramble for the football. Anyway afterwards there was some NFL-types wading into the crowd wanting the football back!!! I mean this is the biggest money-making professional sport league and they want their footballs back! What a bunch of cheap bastards!! How good would it be from a public relations/fan standpoint to be able to get an errant OFFICIAL NFL football and keep it? Anyway never realized that they did this and thought it pretty poor for them to do this. :-t Well that's my rant. Later.
PigskinNHorsehide

If football isn't a religion, then why is it played on Sunday?
pigskinnhorsehide
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cheap Ass League

Postby GP1 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:36 pm

Note to self: wear suit to goal line seats and ask for all errant footballs claiming to be NFL official
GP1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cheap Ass League

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:19 am

I have never understood the policy on that. Just shows the disconnect between league FO/owners and the fan. They ask us to pay a steep price for the NFL experience but don't seem to realize how treasured an errant football is to a fan. A real NFL game ball in someone's home could help children dream of the game, spur stories of going to the game, and generally help entice people to go to games or take interest in football. Seems to me that there is a lot more to be gained by the cultivating of fans that there is in saving cash.
If it is a safety thing, they should have security take the ball to the gate closest to that person's parking and have it there for them when they leave. But for Goddell sake they should let the fan keep the ball.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk