Julius Jones - Thoughts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Julius Jones - Thoughts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Julius Jones - Thoughts?

Postby Lucky7 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:25 am

What do you think about JJ's value going forward this year?
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Julius Jones - Thoughts?

Postby biju » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:56 am

It's a little early to claim success on my JJ preseason thoughts, but I suspected he would do better with more carries instead of splitting carries with Maurice Morris. Morris will eventually be back and I'm not sure if Holmgren will give him back half the snaps again or not. It depends highly on whether he continues to produce like this or if one of these next games he pulls a 24 for 60 yards type of stat line.

Things he has going against him:
- Maurice Morris is going to be back, likely after the bye week (4)
- The Seahawks offense and WR are in shambles right now

Things he has going for him:
- The Seahawks play St. Louis' run defense with Morris out
- If he keeps 20+ carries after Morris comes back, he'll have healthier WRs starting in week 5 (week 4 is a bye week)

I think it's going to be tough for Holmgren to give back Morris his carries if JJ produces again this week, especially since he was the only good thing about last week and we nearly pulled off the win. As a matter of fact, we *lost* because Holmgren decided to pass the ball on that second to last Seahawks drive instead of letting JJ pound the ball into the endzone, settling for a field goal instead.

Hope that helps.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:21 pm

I only like JJ if he continues to get 20+ carries because he can produce, if he splits carries with Morris he won't be able to produce the same sharing snaps...He can actually carry the ball 25-30 times a game and those were some of his best games with the Cowboys so its not surprising to see him have this huge game with Morris out...Overall I'm still not high on him, but I would ride him out for now and then sell high before Morris comes back.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:43 pm

When's Morris due back?
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:17 pm

Why is it that the majority of people out there assume that when Maurice Morris comes back healthy, it will suddenly go back to being a 50/50 split?

Coming off a 120+ yard game against SF, Julius is likely to have another very solid game against StL. and then Seattle goes into the bye. It's likely that at the end of week 3, Julius Jones is at or near the league leaders in rushing yardage, despite only being featured in 2 games out of 3. Why then would Seattle want to immediately bring Morris back in for 40% of the snaps when he is coming off an injury (even if it is after the bye) ?

The NFL is a game of talent and health. If you have talent you have a shot at winning a job. If you have health you have a shot at keeping your job. I don't see any reason why Morris would come back in and get more than 20-30% of the carries as long as J.Jones keeps performing. And at the rate that Seattle's WRs have been dropping, I think J.Jones is going to get PLENTY of chances to hang onto his job and produce.

It's not like defense can disrespect Matt Hasselbeck and put 9 in the box every down either no matter who Seattle trots out there at WR. Hasselbeck turned Darrell Jackson into a pro-bowler and even a chump like Koren Robinson (now back with the team) was once a top10 dynasty WR. Hasselbeck/Holmgren is what makes the passing game go there. Defenses will continue to respect it even if Hasselbeck is not producing like a top10 fantasy QB.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk