Thougts on Mike Vick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thougts on Mike Vick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thougts on Mike Vick

Postby GreenBay4Life » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:08 pm

Guys just wondering what your thoughts were. I got offered a deal for him and a heap but i would have to give up harrison. i just worked out a deal for owens so i should be ok. however i am iffy on trading for a guy thats injuried. 1st when is he coming back ?2. do you think he will be able to produce decent fantays numbers ? 3. do you think he can get hurt again. ? 4th and finally do you think he will play a game or two and then just say forget it and sit out?????????

thanks as always for the help.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:23 pm

if its not a keeper league.........forget about,,,,,,,if it is a keeper league you must weigh out all the intangibles....giving up Harrison is a HUGE deal,,,,,whats your position in the season standings,,,,,,who are your qbs......your TE.....other than Owens who else is at WR......how many do you start each week?????????
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby bbentley40 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:11 pm

I personally think you should avoid Vick like the plague.. he is not 100%.. even if he comes back he will not be 100%.. and if he is not 100% he will not play like the Vick everyone expects.
Bentley
bbentley40
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby anth » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:17 pm

gut feeling Vick plays a few games at the end of the year with average numbers. I would consider him to have very low value for the rest of the year. To give some perspective, Vick was traded for S.F. Defense in my league.
anth

Friendliness: %

Postby GreenBay4Life » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:32 pm

Hey Seahawk i have bulger and quincy carter as starting qbs. Have harrison chad johnson koren robinson as wr. have portis, shipp,stephen davis, fred taylor, at rbs, have billy miller at te. i start 3 rbs and 2 wrs. i worked out a deal of fred taylor and koren for owens and i was hoping to deal for a te. no one wants to deal those guys they are like gold so i could afford harrison if i were to deal him. my thoughts were to up grade my te and qb. trading deadline is next sunday so i dont have much time left. i am in first but i am only a game ahead of 3 competitors. let me know what you think.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mikehunt » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:30 pm

I mean trading is grand and all but dude you are sitting nice. Sure the TE can make or break your team but I might hold off. As I see it you have To MH and Cj for starters Krob is a fine bye fill in. Portis and Davis on RB with a bulger to QB you should macth up fine IMO

Mike
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk