Roy Williams value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roy Williams value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roy Williams value?

Postby Striker Beaver » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:52 am

Is Roy Williams gonna get better with his complaining? He is "greasing the wheel" as they say, so does that mean his production will go up? Whats you guys' thoughts on Roy boy?
Striker Beaver
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Roy Williams value?

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:58 pm

Wrong forum....moved. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:10 pm

I dont see why his complaining would get him that many more looks. As we said in the preseason, Kitna was clearly looking at Calvin Johnson more than Roy and it has played out that way to begin the season as well. Roy is still a very good WR, but he is also the #2 option in Detroit now and unless CJ goes down with an injury, Roy will remain behind Megatron in average looks per game.

If I owned Roy Williams, I would try and see if I could trade him off to someone who hasent figured out he is the #2 guy in Detroit. See if someone is willing to pay about the price you paid for him in your draft.

Also - I would be pretty suprised if we saw him in the Honolulu Blue next year.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:18 pm

He's due for an explosion, I seem to remember the same thing last year, he started complaining about the ball and not being involved and then he started stringing off some huge games, so I expect his next few weeks to be pretty strong...I still don't understand why Det doesn't trade this guy, these days having two #1 caliber WR's tends to be a problem at some point, if your really going to throw to CJ2 that much then just put somebody on the other side that can stretch the defense and open things up, Roy doesn't want to be targeted like a #2 WR and I don't blame him.

But I wouldn't worry about Roy, I think he's about to start stringing together some 100 yd 2 score games starting this week, but I think its obvious CJ2 is going to get targeted quite a bit.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:32 pm

Just as a reminder - didnt Roy have those great weeks AFTER CJ went down with an injury last yr? I know there are a ton of other factors involved, Im just saying.

As for Row Williams being traded, he most likely will be traded after Detroit franchises him this offseason.

Roy Williams has worn out his stay in Detroit I think. His first down signals - especially when we are getting blown out - are ridiculed regularly. He is a good WR who makes the great catch but also drops easy ones as well. His luster has diminished quite a bit since CJ came to town. Its kinda like Roy is the reigning prom queen but Jessica Alba just moved into town - yeah the queen is cute and all, but she's no Alba. Roy is good and all, but he's no Megatron.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby justinj312 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:37 pm

but remember, after he breaks out and has a couple big games, he will tweak his back, sprain his ankle, hurt his heal, or something like that. That's the story with him.

that being said, I think with DET being so bad and probably being behind all the time, RW will still be getting plently of looks and putting putting up WR 1.5 numbers when healthy.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:48 pm

justinj312 wrote:but remember, after he breaks out and has a couple big games, he will tweak his back, sprain his ankle, hurt his heal, or something like that. That's the story with him.

that being said, I think with DET being so bad and probably being behind all the time, RW will still be getting plently of looks and putting putting up WR 1.5 numbers when healthy.

Correct me if Im wrong, but he wasnt injured in college and last yr he hurt his back early on and played with a bad back the rest of the season. Im pretty sure he doesnt have an injury history other than that and still led the NFC rookies in rec. yards on a bad bck last yr, so the moral I take from it is that he plays through pain and doesnt get hurt all that often at all. He said "I was taking Vicodin twice a game just to get through the game. I stayed hurt the whole season, probably because I was trying to come back too soon." Dude isnt the type to sit out because of injuries.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:55 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
justinj312 wrote:but remember, after he breaks out and has a couple big games, he will tweak his back, sprain his ankle, hurt his heal, or something like that. That's the story with him.

Correct me if Im wrong, but he wasnt injured in college and last yr he hurt his back early on and played with a bad back the rest of the season. Im pretty sure he doesnt have an injury history other than that and still led the NFC rookies in rec. yards on a bad bck last yr, so the moral I take from it is that he plays through pain and doesnt get hurt all that often at all. He said "I was taking Vicodin twice a game just to get through the game. I stayed hurt the whole season, probably because I was trying to come back too soon." Dude isnt the type to sit out because of injuries.

I think justinj312 was talking about Williams and not Calvin in regards to getting nicked up. At least his post sounded to me like he meant Williams.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby justinj312 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:58 pm

yeah I was talking about roy williams... megatron is an absolute monster
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:00 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote: Roy is good and all, but he's no Megatron.

And who is? Megatron could go to almost every team in the NFL and make the #1 guy not look so good, he's a freak and super talented, but I don't think that makes Roy not as talented because Megatron has blossomed so well...And I don't really remember when those games came last year I just remember Roy complaining about getting the ball again, and he started tearing it up before he hurt his knee, alot of teams would love to have him as a #1 WR.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer