Chris Henry(Cin) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Henry(Cin)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chris Henry(Cin)

Postby raodawg33 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:08 pm

Does anyone know anything about Henry's progress as he is coming off his suspension in 2 weeks
raodawg33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chris Henry(Cin)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:54 pm

I liked Chris Henry when Cincinnati's offense was a juggernaut, but a number 3 WR who has one more week on a suspension on a team that can't score TDs is of little interest to me at this point. He's a guy to stash in deep leagues if you are hurting at WR, but it will probably take a move up the depth chart (probably due to injury) for him to become fantasy relevant again this year.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Maris09 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:08 pm

Yeah, a better WR3 is James Jones. He might still be available in leauges.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:41 pm

If Chad and TJ are basically non-existant, I wouldn't bet on the #3 getting much productivity no matter how good he is, the line can't block enough for him to get downfield.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby peterparker » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:09 pm

I believe the question was not whether Henry would play well upon returning, it asks about his progress, if he's been working out, training, etc. Obviously the team is doing horrible right now but Henry isn't playing right now; in two or three weeks however, they may be putting up the fantasy numbers everyone expected and Henry would then be relevant.
peterparker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ChurchH8er » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:53 pm

I can't imagine Cincy sucking this badly all year. They've always played better with the criminal in their line-up than without him.

When Henry's in the game it seems he always gets a lot of looks and makes the plays more than not. Heck, if he wasn't such a hoodlum he could start for more than a few teams out there. The problem is squeezing in playing time between suspensions, jail time, community service, etc.

He's smiling in his team photo this year so maybe he knows something we don't.

I'm in a big league and he's got a spot on my roster when he returns...
ChurchH8er
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:10 pm

Henry has the skill to be a starter on most teams in the NFL.
Cincy's offense won't get lights out this season, but it will put of better numbers than it has so far, don't doubt that.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:09 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Henry has the skill to be a starter on most teams in the NFL.
Cincy's offense won't get lights out this season, but it will put of better numbers than it has so far, don't doubt that.

I'm sure they will play better, but they aren't going to be the kind of juggernaut that you need an offense to be to make their third WR a worthwhile weekly start. In deep leagues, I could see adding him (not yet though unless really deep), but like someone else said, James Jones is a better 3rd WR who is widely available (not as widely as Henry though admittedly).

Once he's active, if Chad or TJ gets hurt, he would immediately become a viable every week play IMO. An injury would make all the difference in the world.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:30 pm

I don't think people are realizing how bad their offensive line is, if TJ can't produce in his role going over the middle for short catches to move the chain, then no way is a deep threat going to flourish, the line doesn't even have time for those routes to progress and that entire unit has taken a step back from below average to bad this year...Chad isn't having time to get open deep, TJ has 6 catches for 60 yards on the entire year, I don't see anyway the slot WR comes in and produces at this high level when the two starters can't seem to get it going.

I know the guy is super talented, but so are the rest of the WR's, if the line doesn't block Henry won't be nearly as effective, I have him stashed in my deep leagues so I surely hope he does, but I'm certainly not expecting him to come in and out perform the two starters...The last time Henry was in the lineup and producing, so where the other two guys, this time nobody is and he won't be any different.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer