Worst GM in the league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Worst GM in the league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Worst GM in the league?

Postby Polar Bear » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:24 am

LS2throwed wrote:In all fairness, Millen deserves to be blasted for the Mike Williams pick but the Charles Rogers pick at the time was not a bad pick at all...He was a highly touted prospect who was an absolute beast in college, and the hometown guy...Most draft grades gave Detroit an A for that draft and considered Rogers a lock to be an elite WR along with AJ, both guys were clearly the top 2 WR's and elite prospects, they might of swung and missed and hindsight is 20/20 but injuries derailed Rogers career before it could take off...They were probably interchangeable at draft time, and depending who you asked some had someone else rated higher, so while that pick was a huge bust for a #2 pick at the time it wasn't really a bad pick.

The MW pick was bad at the time, they never needed a WR, he was out of football for an entire year, and they had alot of other needs at the time...MW wasn't even the prospect Rogers was, at least Rogers had 4.28 speed, prototype size at 6'3 200+ lbs, college production to boot, his final 2 years he had over 1200 yds and 12 TD's, as well as being in the state of Detroit...I can't blame Millen for that one, it was just his affection for WR's that took off after this year that spiraled out of control.

Well I can remember Hoge going ballistic with the Rodgers pick. Rodgers had character issues coming out of Michigan State if I remember correctly and that was a big strike against him. He had the physical ability, but he didn't have the mindset.

On a sidenote

I believe Hoge has been one of the most accurate draft analysts over the past 5 or 6 years. He said he wouldn't have taken Leinert or Young in the first 3 rounds, but would have taken Cutler. I believe he said Big Ben was the better QB coming out (I don't think that was a homer pick). It seems like every year he and Jaws are pretty dang accurate. Which sucks since I still hold anger at Jaws for being an Eagle.
Polar Bear
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby onnestabe » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:11 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
dream_017 wrote:Is this really a discussion :-?

The problem is...that kicker is still playing for Oak. How many of the players Millen drafted are still playing? Stop me when you heard enough:
Mike Williams
Charles Rodgers
Joey Harrington
Kalimba Edwards

what's even sadder is aside from Edwards none of them are even in the league anymore

Harrington is on the Ravens ;-) ;-D

Saints now :-o :-D
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:59 am

Matt Millen is OUT. You can take him off the worst current GM list. Looks like Davis claims the #1 spot. Any other candidates?
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:05 am

Easy answer...Al David ;-7
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby mattUTD20 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:51 pm

The heir to the throne is definitely Al Davis.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:35 pm

I don't know who the worst is now. All I know is that until Lord Ford hires the next Lions GM, the worst GM in the league is not on the Lions.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby littletank » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:10 pm

I didn't read all of the posts, but their is no doubt that Carl Peterson is the worst GM in the league.

The Raiders and Al Davis have won a Superbowl in the past 30 years. Al Davis and most other General Managers goal is to win superbowls

Carl Peterson was Hired by the Hunts to get people in the stands and to make money. So in actuallity he isn't the worst GM as he has succeeded at making money for the Hunts. He's the worst fan GM.
littletank
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Football Talk