Middle of the road QBs...who gets the nod? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Middle of the road QBs...who gets the nod?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Middle of the road QBs...who gets the nod?

Postby Sad But True » Sun Sep 01, 2002 2:07 pm

I have M. Vick, T. Green, and S. Matthews as my QBs. 6pts per TD, 1pt per 25 yds passing. I can only start 1 QB.

M. Vick- I want to start him, but I think he will be nervous, and he is on the road at GreenBay.

T. Green- He is surrounded in weapons, but has had a couple bad preseason games. Throwing INTs = -2 pts

S. Matthews- Possibly a Warner type season under Spurrier's offense, Many are saying he will switch QBs back and forth in the game.

Week 1 is only a few days away, I really need to know your anaylasis
Sad But True

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby terpfan » Sun Sep 01, 2002 2:21 pm

I'm a big Skins fan but I'd hold off on starting Matthews for a while. First, see how Spurrier uses his qbs and how they play in the regular season for a few games. That leaves Vick and Green. Out of these two I think Green wins hands down. He is more experienced that Vick and will have more total TDs. He is much more valuble than Vick when passing TDs are 6 points. Green may throw more interceptions than you would like, but so will Vick. Green should be improved now that he has another year of experience with Vermeil, has a new weapon in Morton, a system that likes to air it out, and a now proven running game. Start Green for now, but watch the progress of your other two qbs. You have three qbs who could surprise people this year.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk