Denver offense...who's on board? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Denver offense...who's on board?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Denver offense...who's on board?

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:04 am

The Broncos are copying last year's Patriots passing attack, with spread formations and a lot of passing attempts.
The NFL has always been a copycat league, and Mike Shanahan has borrowed from the Patriots historic 2007 offense. The Broncos feel like the wide-open style suits their offensive weapons, and they are the early season leaders in yards gained and points. Expect the heavy passing to continue.
Source: Boulder Daily Camera

per roto.

This looks to be a very very fruitful season for the aerial attack for the Broncos this year, they are a pass first team, they pass in the redzone, and Cutler has the arm and smarts to make this all work...I ended up with Cutler, Marshall and Scheffler in my main redraft and was looking to trade some guys, but after the first 2 weeks I'm riding all 3 as far as they take me, at this point I don't think its out of the question to think all 3 guys are top 5 at their positions, with Royal being a great flex most weeks.
Last edited by LS2throwed on Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Denver offense...whose on board?

Postby JeRmZ » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:58 am

I'm on baord ... but then again, I always have been (even in the down and out years) .... In one league I have Cutler, Scheffler and Royal and in the other I have Scheffler and Royal. In my opinion until I see something different from the offense these guys are all must starts week in and week out.

Week 1 - vs. CHOAKland who had I believe the 5th ranked pass D last year, Denver made them look like a high school team.

Week 2 - vs. the Super Sparklers, another team that boasted a great pass defense last year, Marshall made Cromartie look like a tool and yeah yeah it was a botched call at the end of the game but regardless it had no ill effects on the Bronco's offensive scoring for Fantasy!!

Week 3 - vs. New Orleans, last week this team made Jason Campbell look like Tom Brady, I'm a salivating fool waiting to see what Denver will do to them this week.

ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-D
JeRmZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Purple1 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:06 pm

I had Scheffler in my keeper league and they guy that had Romo/Cutler keepted Romo so I snachted Cutler with my first pick and drafted Royal. So Im on the Denver bus all season with Cutler/Royal/Scheffler in that league.

In my big money redraft league I drafted Cutler as my starter and was planning on taking Sheffler with my next pick but sombody snaked him on me. Could off have had Marshal but went with Colston instead hindsight is 20/20. Drafted Deshawn Jackson and was thinking about picking up Royal before the season started but I didn't want to have 2 rookie recievers on my roster, so just running with Cutler in that one :-P

I just had that gut instinct with Cutler this year, the one where your like man I just know this guy is gonna be a beast this season. I haven't always listened to it and been burned in the past, made sure I did this year :-)
Last edited by Purple1 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattUTD20 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:07 pm

Cutler has looked like an absolute stud. Here's to hoping Marshall can stay out of trouble.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:31 pm

I was high on the Denver passing attack all offseason but I still couldn't imagine a start like this. With Royal emerging as a serious weapon, Marshall being a stud, and Scheffler offering an excellent third option I am not sure if there is a QB I would trade Cutler for straight up at this point. If Marshall avoids any further discipline this whole passing attack should hold great value throughout the season.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:48 pm

I grabbed Cutler in all of my redraft leagues and I traded for him in most of my dynasty leagues before the season began. I really wasn't super high on him, but many here were insisting he was going to have a huge coming out season..looks like it!

On a side note, anyone looking for a kicker should grab Prater on the Broncos.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Denver offense...who's on board?

Postby DrSpackle » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:25 pm

I am all in on the Broncos offense. In one of my leagues I am starting Cutler, Marshall, Royal, Scheffler and Prater. So far I am 2-0. ;-D
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Just sent Randy Moss packing for Jay Cutler. Already have B.Marshall. No regrets whatsoever.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:47 pm

The way he is going now and the way the schedule shakes out, Cutler looks like he could lock up the No. 1 QB spot easily.

IMO, Oaklands pass D was overrated by the fact that they couldn't stop the run last year. So no one really chose to pass on them. Asamuwhatever is a good corner but DeAngelo is way overrated IMO. Most elite receivers will eat him alive. He receives consideration mostly because of his touted college career and his mouth.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby LT Blue Colt » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:55 pm

I had heard a lot about Denver wanting to pass more this offseason. So, I was pretty intrigued with Cutler. But, what really set me over the top, and I see nobody has mentioned this yet. Cutler was a pretty good QB last year. But, he was sick the entire season. Come to find out he's diabetic. So he played the whole season feeling like crap, and still played like a pro. So, now that he got that under control, I couldn't help but wonder what he would do this season. I think out of the 5 leagues I play in, I have him in 4. ;-D
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk