vetoable trade? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

vetoable trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

vetoable trade?

Postby Thracken » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:56 pm

Somebody traded Houshmanzadah for Olindo Mare...is it vetoable?

I know it sounds like a joke but this actually happened...
Thracken
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: vetoable trade?

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:13 pm

I usually don't want to veto a trade but that is just %-6

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby iamgregg » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:32 am

That MUST be collusion, and therefore vetoable.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:37 am

Thracken wrote:Somebody traded Houshmanzadah for Olindo Mare...is it vetoable?

I've commished a lot of leagues and I've never had to veto a trade. Noone I play with would ever cheat/collude so even if it looks lopsided to you...you must pass the trade.

With that said, I would contact the guy getting Mare and ask him why he wants to give up one of the best WR's in the NFL for a kicker. I'm sure that he could get many kickers off the WW. I know Housh hasn't done squat for 2 weeks, but give me a break that trade is ridiculous. Like I said, I'd never veto a trade unless I suspected collusion. If you don't think they're cheating, I might veto that trade because the guy getting Mare is stupid. Hope that helps and good luck with that one man. ;-D

That's probably the worst trade I've ever seen. :*) :-S

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby grover99 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:43 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Thracken wrote:Somebody traded Houshmanzadah for Olindo Mare...is it vetoable?

I've commished a lot of leagues and I've never had to veto a trade. Noone I play with would ever cheat/collude so even if it looks lopsided to you...you must pass the trade.

With that said, I would contact the guy getting Mare and ask him why he wants to give up one of the best WR's in the NFL for a kicker. I'm sure that he could get many kickers off the WW. I know Housh hasn't done squat for 2 weeks, but give me a break that trade is ridiculous. Like I said, I'd never veto a trade unless I suspected collusion. If you don't think they're cheating, I might veto that trade because the guy getting Mare is stupid. Hope that helps and good luck with that one man. ;-D

That's probably the worst trade I've ever seen. :*) :-S

I agree, and I would love to hear his reason for giving up Mare or Housh.
12 Team 1/2 PPR Dynasty Auction League.
QB: Cutler, Hill
RB: Turner,Slaton,Benson,Mendenhall,Harrison,Robinson, Greene
WR: CJ2, Fitz, Smith(NYG), Brunce, Morgan,Bryant
TE: Carlson
grover99
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterTrivia Time Trial ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:35 am

Mare isn't even one of the best kickers in the league lol, it's not like its Nick Folk, this is pure collusion, nobody trades a starting WR for a kicker, even if it was mark clayton, at least not if they want to win and that seems like a move somebody pulls when they are quitting.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bungle613 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:24 am

LS2throwed wrote:Mare isn't even one of the best kickers in the league lol, it's not like its Nick Folk, this is pure collusion, nobody trades a starting WR for a kicker, even if it was mark clayton, at least not if they want to win and that seems like a move somebody pulls when they are quitting.

You can't assume it is collusion.

Drop an email to the guys involved and ask for an explanation and be blunt. Tell them it is on every level you can see a horrible deal and that you need an explanation as to why they feel it is a fair deal.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:49 pm

bungle613 wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:Mare isn't even one of the best kickers in the league lol, it's not like its Nick Folk, this is pure collusion, nobody trades a starting WR for a kicker, even if it was mark clayton, at least not if they want to win and that seems like a move somebody pulls when they are quitting.

Sorry, but if I'm commish, and I see a waiver wire kicker being traded for a WR1 I'm pulling the plug, I don't want to be involved in any leagues shifting the power like that, if you want to trade for one of the best kickers cool so be it, but I don't see anybody going about it by trading a dominant WR, if he really did want that kicker I'd tell him he needs to rethink his methods of what he wants to give up...Now player for player I'm very leniant, but I don't think this is acceptable in any league I am in.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby skinny d » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:20 pm

That trade needs to be vetoed immediately, and all parties need to agree to never speak of it ever again. That is ridiculous...

I need some help on a little tougher call:

viewtopic.php?f=238&t=408047
skinny d
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bungle613 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:18 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
bungle613 wrote:

Sorry, but if I'm commish, and I see a waiver wire kicker being traded for a WR1 I'm pulling the plug, I don't want to be involved in any leagues shifting the power like that, if you want to trade for one of the best kickers cool so be it, but I don't see anybody going about it by trading a dominant WR, if he really did want that kicker I'd tell him he needs to rethink his methods of what he wants to give up...Now player for player I'm very leniant, but I don't think this is acceptable in any league I am in.

I'm not saying it is a legit deal or even a deal that should go through. It is highly likely that it is collusion but you CAN NOT assume that it is. AS a commish, you find out the details before vetoing anything. Any commish who blankly hits the veto button shouldn't be a commish.

By the way, Mare is 7 for 7 tied for 3rd. To me a kicker is a kicker, I don't care as it is mostly luck but I can't speak for other owners. I've seen kickers in leagues with fairly knowledgable owners go in the 6th or 7th. You want to veto something, veto that! :-b
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner