Has Gonzalez passed Marvin? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Has Gonzalez passed Marvin?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Has Gonzalez passed Marvin?

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:40 am

So Anthony Gonzalez caught 9 passes for 137 yds against Minny. I know that his numbers are heavily influenced by Clark being out of the lineup but most disturbing is that Marvin only caught one pass for 16 yards and in a very close game the guy who used to be Peyton's go-to guy was only targetted 4 times. Has Gonz passed Marvin on the depth chart already? Is this the end of Marvin or is he a good buy low candidate? IMO unless Reggie or Gonz get injured this is sadly the end of Marvin as a fantasy option.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Has Gonzalez passed Marvin?

Postby Azrael » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:07 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:So Anthony Gonzalez caught 9 passes for 137 yds against Minny. I know that his numbers are heavily influenced by Clark being out of the lineup but most disturbing is that Marvin only caught one pass for 16 yards and in a very close game the guy who used to be Peyton's go-to guy was only targetted 4 times. Has Gonz passed Marvin on the depth chart already? Is this the end of Marvin or is he a good buy low candidate? IMO unless Reggie or Gonz get injured this is sadly the end of Marvin as a fantasy option.

There you go. Even when Marvin was healthy in '05 and '06 he'd occasionally post stinker receiving games. Some were salvaged by a TD and some weren't. In '05 he had 5 such games where he posted less than 50 yards receiving. Gonzo2 has not moved passed Marv on the depth chart. He may next year even if Marvin doesn't retire but he's best suited for the slot right now.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:00 pm

Winfield locked down Harrison pretty well last Saturday and that played a large role in his numbers. Gonzalez had a nice matchup against the Vikings nickel and dime corners and he torched them all day. He's certainly made his case for Manning's attention, but I feel they'll be about even in targets and numbers going forward with Wayne being Peyton's clear go-to guy.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mystykoekaki » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:50 pm

In my book, Gonzalez passed Marvin the minute he was drafted.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Omnipresent » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:59 pm

<edit>
Omnipresent
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Football Talk