Week 3 GC: Miami @ New England - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 3 GC: Miami @ New England

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 3 GC: Miami @ New England

Postby yossarian » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:55 pm

The Pats "fans" were booing their own team as the left the field for halftime. God their awful.
yossarian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dysfunct » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:59 pm

It's actually "they're."
dysfunct
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BritSox » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:18 pm

biju wrote:
joejccva wrote:I'm totally loving this. Patriots getting their butts handed to them by ...the DOLPHINS.

ROFL. Gotta love it.

I'm just hoping the Dolphins run up the score on them. There has got to be only 5 people left at Foxborough right now.

All five are Dolphins fans.

This post would be considerably more believable if it didn't actually suggest the Phins HAD five fans.

biju wrote:
joejccva wrote:LOL. Serious? Poor pats fans.

Don't you ever, ever say that again. The only way you can say that is if they are trapped in a burning bus going over a cliff. Otherwise, you should never say that.

Pretty much fair. We could lose every game for the next three seasons like this, and the balance of happy/sad this team has given us would still be in the black.

yossarian wrote:The Pats "fans" were booing their own team as the left the field for halftime. God their awful.

Oh yes, because no-one else has ever booed a team playing terribly against a bottom dweller. Oh no.

Seriously, if this makes the Pats fans bad, what are all Philly fans in every sport? There are people in every fanbase who have no perspective.
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby neonfish07 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:25 pm

BritSox wrote:
biju wrote:
joejccva wrote:I'm totally loving this. Patriots getting their butts handed to them by ...the DOLPHINS.

ROFL. Gotta love it.

I'm just hoping the Dolphins run up the score on them. There has got to be only 5 people left at Foxborough right now.

All five are Dolphins fans.

This post would be considerably more believable if it didn't actually suggest the Phins HAD five fans.

The Dolphins don't have five fans? Really? Image
neonfish07
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BritSox » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:28 pm

Yes. Really. I was absolutely 100% serious when posting that.

Did you not notice that Dolphin Stadium has only ten seats?
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby yossarian » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Darnit. Stupid grammar.

Are you seriously saying Pats fans are fine because they compare to Philly fans? Didn't Philly fans throw batteries at...Santa Claus?

What I was implying is that maybe a team that's been as good as the Pats for as long as they have should get a little bit of slack from their fans. Instead, they're getting booed after playing the first bad half of football they've played at home in....2 years? In my mind, that doesn't reflect well on those fans. Even Philly fans are smart enough to appreciate their team when it's been good.
yossarian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby treat24 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:31 pm

BritSox wrote:Yes. Really. I was absolutely 100% serious when posting that.

Did you not notice that Dolphin Stadium has only ten seats?

gotta love overflow seating :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby BritSox » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:41 pm

yossarian wrote:Darnit. Stupid grammar.

Are you seriously saying Pats fans are fine because they compare to Philly fans? Didn't Philly fans throw batteries at...Santa Claus?

Admittedly, that's setting the bar rather low.

What I was implying is that maybe a team that's been as good as the Pats for as long as they have should get a little bit of slack from their fans. Instead, they're getting booed after playing the first bad half of football they've played at home in....2 years? In my mind, that doesn't reflect well on those fans. Even Philly fans are smart enough to appreciate their team when it's been good.

They've had plenty of bad halves. They were actually booed off at HT in one of the home games last season (Iggles?) That took the biscuit much more than this. I don't disagree that it's a display of base ingratitude to boo off a team that's given us so much in the last few years. But I also know that plenty of sports fans are like that. The 'best in baseball' St Louis Cards fans booed their team during a world series. I'm pretty sure you could find examples of most fanbases booing good teams that gave uncharacteristically bad performances.

BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:45 pm

MoDee wrote:7-0 Miami, uh oh, do the Pats lose to Miami?!?!

Yes, they do. :-)

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:47 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:I would LOVE to see Miami win this game. I just hate that I can't see any of the games I want. :~(

Sports bar...I saw all of the 1PM games. :-) ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting