Owens in Atlanta???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owens in Atlanta????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:39 pm

Anonymous wrote:BTW, the Pats have 9 picks in the first four rounds this year, so they could afford to give up some.

How do the Patriots always end up with like 80 picks in the first couple rounds?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:41 pm

Yeah, I would have a much easier time seeing T.O. in either Philly or NE.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:48 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Atlanta has too many other needs to spend that kinda cash on TO. O-line, D-line, secondary....hell, the entire defense.

Those of you outside the South probably don't really "know" about Atlanta and The Braves.
Atlanta first-and-foremost will ALWAYS be a baseball town.
The Falcons and the NBA Hawks will always be the red-headed step child in Atlanta.

Remember a few years ago? Jamal Anderson? The "Dirty Bird". And and actual honest-to-god holy cow SUPER Bowl appearance?

The Falcons couldn't even sell-out their HOME PLAY-OFF games!
Empty seats!
THAT'S what I'm talking about.
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:51 pm

ScreamingWeasel wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Atlanta has too many other needs to spend that kinda cash on TO. O-line, D-line, secondary....hell, the entire defense.

Those of you outside the South probably don't really "know" about Atlanta and The Braves.
Atlanta first-and-foremost will ALWAYS be a baseball town.
The Falcons and the NBA Hawks will always be the red-headed step child in Atlanta.

Remember a few years ago? Jamal Anderson? The "Dirty Bird". And and actual honest-to-god holy cow SUPER Bowl appearance?

The Falcons couldn't even sell-out their HOME PLAY-OFF games!
Empty seats!
THAT'S what I'm talking about.

You have a pretty good point, but you are going a little overboard. People still care about the Falcons. But the Hawks are a different story. The reason that the Braves get so much support and the Falcons don't get as much is because of who wins. The Braves has won 12 straight pennants and besides the one Super Bowl appearance, what have the Falcons done?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:52 pm

Dunno why exactly you quoted my post for that response...but I'm in the south (Florida), have tons of family in Atlanta, and my entire family are braves fans.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby The Dude_ffc » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:57 pm

I hear ya weasel. Atlanta doesn't even really support the Braves like other cities support their bad teams. I lived there for 1 year and the Hawks made the play-offs. I bought tix the day of game 1 against da bulls in 93 for $15. The city doesn't support the Falcons either - even when they are winning. Weird town but it's also hard to get to and from games due to incredible traffic. What does all this mean? I don't know Mr. Hand.
"That rug really tied the room together."
The Dude_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MadScott » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:09 pm

There's no doubt that TO would like to go back to his home in Atlanta and ball. I don't think that they'll pony up either, but that would be one scary team if you think about that offense with Vick back.

I'm not sure exactly where he'll end up, but here's one for you, don't rule out the possibility of him going to the former 49ers burial ground.........that's right, the Oakland Raiders.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nsulham » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:10 pm

joester wrote:I heard a rumor that he was gonna end up in New England.

As a Pats fan let me first say I would love to have T.O. in New England but it will never happen.

Owens is the anti-Patriot. Pioli and Belichick like "team-first" players and I don't see Owens' antics lasting a day there.
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 9er Fan » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:35 pm

Anonymous wrote:
9er Fan wrote:Who can/will pay his $20ish million signing bonus and surrender a 1st and 2nd round pick to the 49ers? That's probably what it will take.

He's gonna be a free agent, right? If he ended up in New England that would be amazing. Let's just hope he won't turn into another Terry Glenn. Maybe the Pats could somehow get David Boston too, and could basically KILL the entire secondary as the game went on. BTW, the Pats have 9 picks in the first four rounds this year, so they could afford to give up some.

If I was the GM of the 49'ers and decided it was time for TO to move on, I'd do the following:

1. Sign Julian Peterson/Kevan Barlow/Ahmed Plummer to long term contracts
2. Put the franchise tag on Owens and wait for the trade offers to roll in. If Coles was worth a (fairly high) first round pick. Owens should bring at least that much.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mudd » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:46 pm

9er Fan wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
9er Fan wrote:Who can/will pay his $20ish million signing bonus and surrender a 1st and 2nd round pick to the 49ers? That's probably what it will take.

He's gonna be a free agent, right? If he ended up in New England that would be amazing. Let's just hope he won't turn into another Terry Glenn. Maybe the Pats could somehow get David Boston too, and could basically KILL the entire secondary as the game went on. BTW, the Pats have 9 picks in the first four rounds this year, so they could afford to give up some.

If I was the GM of the 49'ers and decided it was time for TO to move on, I'd do the following:

1. Sign Julian Peterson/Kevan Barlow/Ahmed Plummer to long term contracts
2. Put the franchise tag on Owens and wait for the trade offers to roll in. If Coles was worth a (fairly high) first round pick. Owens should bring at least that much.

3. Dangle Garcia out there for a trade to get something back at WR, and let Ratay take over. He proved he's ready.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk