Which of these WR's will turn it around? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which of these WR's will turn it around?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which of these WR's will turn it around?

Postby Padres 19 fan » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:09 am

Houshmandezqiufks
Braylon Edwards
Ocho Cinco
Santonio Holmes

Or any other top wide-outs who are not producing
Padres 19 fan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which of these WR's will turn it around?

Postby Azrael » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Housh and Chad are in the same boat to me. I'm not sure if they will or not. The main problem is they really don't get any gimme's to get themselves on track like NO, Det, Atl, Stl. They get a run of teams like NYG, Pit, Dal, Philly, Jax. Not fun. I'm wondering what the mental state of the team will be if they are offensively inept for 2 or 3 more games.

Edwards should turn it around somewhat but don't expect anything near 16 TDs again. Cleveland has faced 2 very good defenses in Dal and Pit. Yes the Eagles lit up the boys and Cleveland has done nothing at home in 2 games. That's a problem. I keep thinking back to NO last year. Sputter sputter and then they caught fire.

Do not think Holmes will catch for yardage often because he won't. Ben doesn't throw often and he doesn't throw for alot of yards. Holmes will have games where he has 5 catches for 60 yards and he'll have games where he has 5 catches for 132 and 2TDs. He's going to be an up and down guy. But I think he'll be up more than down. Pittsburgh lulls you to sleep with their power run game and then bam long PA pass to Holmes.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Re: Which of these WR's will turn it around?

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:41 pm

I think Santonio Holmes is the ulitmate buy low right now.

Pittsburgh blasted Houston out of the water and then played in a tropical storm in their first two games. When conditions get better and they start playing division opponents Holmes is going to go nuts IMO. Ward is the redzone guy on that offense, but eventually Pittsburgh is going to have to take some chances down the field.

Big Ben excels at just that type of game as well. And Willie Parker WILL have his down weeks.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk