Stephen Davis Questionable - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stephen Davis Questionable

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stephen Davis Questionable

Postby Ben_ffc » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:27 pm

i'm not going to act surprised ( i have deshaun foster), but i am confused.

from cbs

News: The Charlotte Observer reports Stephen Davis is questionable for Week 10 with an ankle injury. He missed Wednesday's practice.

Analysis: DeShaun Foster will start if Davis can't play.

so...best to avoid them both, now? better to just start m-bennett? does anyone have any more information on how serious this ankle thing is?

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cliff Harris » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:52 pm

I'm sorry S. Davis owners, but I am in a serious bind this week with Portis off and W. Green suspended and I have to play DeShaun Foster (along with "Dom Dom Dom Dom, Dom ta dudy Dom, wha wha wha wha-ah" ... Davis). So this would be great news for ol' Cliff.
Cliff Harris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Petey » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:05 pm

From Fanball

News
According to the team’s web site, Stephen Davis was held out of Wednesday’s practice because of a sore ankle. “He was fine after the [Sunday’s game]. He got a little soreness Monday from my understanding,” coach John Fox explained to reporters after Wednesday's practice. “Then it got a little more sore yesterday. He came in and got treatment all day yesterday. We just held him out (of practice) today to try to get him healed up. He will be listed as questionable for this week against Tampa.”

Views
This isn’t a big surprise considering the amount of work Davis is getting this year. He may be starting to wear down a little. Stephen wasn’t previously having problems with his ankle, so it’s still unclear whether he’ll play Sunday. If isn't able to go, De’Shaun Foster will get the start against the Bucs' tough defense.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:16 pm

he'll be fine, don't panic, stay calm all is well, stay calm, all is well
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:22 pm

Yeah, I think I'm going to start A-Train(@ Det) over S. Davis this week.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:50 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Yeah, I think I'm going to start A-Train(@ Det) over S. Davis this week.

Seriously?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:52 pm

I think this is really simple. If you have Davis, pick up Foster. In most leagues Foster is either on the wire or woned by the Davis-owner.

Watch the news reports Sunday and if Davis is not going to start, start Foster. The way Carolina has done it in the past, it's one or the other from start to finish, not a RBBC thing to try to give partial rest to someone.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Ben_ffc » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:23 pm

wes, i don't know if that's entirely true. remember that game when davis bruised his arm? it was a lot of in-n-out...i'm nervous. hate this. if it proves to be as simple as waiting for a clear announcement, then great. but until i hear a definitive announcement, i'm leaving bennett in the line-up, just to avoid the whole mess.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:26 pm

Keep an ear open. Look to this forum on Sunday morning to see the latest news. If I hear of him being out, you can be sure that I will post it Sun. I suspect he will play and be fine. If not you have Foster who did great in filling in before.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:18 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:Yeah, I think I'm going to start A-Train(@ Det) over S. Davis this week.

Seriously?

Yeah, questionable is never good. Plus, A-Train is hot and plays a weak opponent. Unless Davis is upgraded to probable, I'll probably start Thomas.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk