Stephen Davis Questionable - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stephen Davis Questionable

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:09 pm

That sounds like a solid plan - Foster is proving himself to be a strong backup, and if Davis struggles due to injury, in comes Foster
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FavreWannabe » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:14 pm

I am planning to start Tiki against the weak Falcon Defense.
FavreWannabe
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Bukoski77 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:29 pm

I have Foster as his back up in the league I own S.Davis. If the picture isnt clearer bye then I'll be going with C-Mart. Bless 8 team leagues, I'd be up sh!ts creek in my bigger leagues in this situation.
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ynot » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:04 am

Would any of you guys start Michael Bennett instead of S. Davis this week? Just not deal with the injury situation and start someone else? I'm considering it because I don't have anyone I would want to cut to pick up Foster. Thoughts?
ynot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moochman » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:08 am

OK, lets assume that my jinxing ability has spread to dooming members of my ff team. Burress, Boston...hmm. Anyway, if Davis is slowed by this against a tough Bucs D, would I be better served by grabbing Candidate off waivers and starting him against the Seahacks?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Bukoski77 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:11 am

moochman wrote:OK, lets assume that my jinxing ability has spread to dooming members of my ff team. Burress, Boston...hmm. Anyway, if Davis is slowed by this against a tough Bucs D, would I be better served by grabbing Candidate off waivers and starting him against the Seahacks?

Well uhmmm, there is no gaurantee that Candidate will start yet is there?
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:36 am

I'll make it easy for you, cut K-Rob or Driver...either one is like your 4th receiver, unless you have to start a pile of guys.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby anth » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:57 am

Yeah, questionable is never good

I like to point out that Randy Moss had his 3 td game this year when he was questionable. Davis had this injury during the game and didn't even report it till tuesday. Obviously, HE feels he can play which is usually the most important thing to consider in these situations.
anth

Friendliness: %

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:40 pm

I'm likely starting Davis-or-Foster AND Michael Bennett. My other option is Eddie George. Or I could get J Jackson (Cle) off the wire.

I think it's gona be either Davis or Foster and MB.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:36 pm

Stephen Davis is going to be a game time decision Sunday morning. Sucks for us Davis and Foster owners. Looks like I'll have to wake up early Sunday morning to see if Davis is going to go this week.

............................................................................................
Nov 7 Running back Stephen Davis (ankle) missed a second straight day of practice on Thursday and will likely be a game-time decision, head coach John Fox told Panthers.com. "Stephen Davis is still day-to-day," Fox explained. "We rested him again today. He is still listed as questionable." When asked if Davis and defensive end Mike Rucker would play on Sunday, Fox responded, "It is going to be up until game time. We will keep treating them. It is not that they are out. They are the type of injuries that you just deal with. If they look good on game day, you go with them."
Views: We'll continue to follow Davis' status up until kickoff on Sunday, and fantasy owners need to be prepared to move when a definitive word comes on Stephen's status. DeShaun Foster would start if Davis were unable to play.

Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk