Ronnie Brown: Fantasy Stud or Sell High? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ronnie Brown: Fantasy Stud or Sell High?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ronnie Brown: Fantasy Stud or Sell High?

Postby TheMax » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:27 pm

Well, after Ronnie has put up a total of 5 TDs today (possibly more, since the game is still going). I was wondering what the cafe thought about him. Is he just having a lucky week (3 TDs using the same damn play?!?) or if he is the Ronnie Brown of early last year pre-injury. I really have no idea what to think about it at this point, so just wanted some opinions...
TheMax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ronnie Brown: Fantasy Stud or Sell High?

Postby Texans13 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:55 pm

Im selling high on him. It has more to do with my team than Ronnie though. Hoping to get a Fitzgerald or Braylon, we'll see. Looking for some more insight though on what yall think about him.
Texans13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby treat24 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:16 pm

I would sell high
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby AllDay » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:28 pm

How high would he sell for? Early drafts he was often a top 40 pick. Later drafts he was down around pick 100.

I think this game MIGHT regain most of that top 40 value to some owners in need of RB help.

I think if I could get 3rd or 4th round value for him I might sell if I could fill a hole or upgrade somewhere else.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:45 pm

Stud.

Anyone who watched the Dolphins/Pats game today knows he was a focal point of the Dolphins offense and looked GOOD. Keep him. Don't expect 5 TD's a week but expect solid RB2 numbers.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:28 pm

SniperShot wrote:Stud.

Anyone who watched the Dolphins/Pats game today knows he was a focal point of the Dolphins offense and looked GOOD. Keep him. Don't expect 5 TD's a week but expect solid RB2 numbers.

Exactly. This kid has SKILLS, last year and this game prove it. He did this without Cam Cameron which needed to be proved to me. This is a guy to have in dynasty leagues.

I'd try and sell high to see what you can get, but don't get taken he is a good back.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:20 pm

I have him in a few leagues and I am not looking to sell. I thought he would be a solid second half contributor after he got comfortable on his knee again, but he looked pretty explosive today and is the best playmaker on that offense. After a few tough matchups in the coming weeks his schedule eases up and I see him being a solid RB2 with a high upside.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:54 pm

aaawall91 wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Stud.

Exactly. This kid has SKILLS, last year and this game prove it. He did this without Cam Cameron which needed to be proved to me. This is a guy to have in dynasty leagues.

I'd try and sell high to see what you can get, but don't get taken he is a good back.

definitely, he was the number 1 back by a long shot last year before he got hurt, he is the real deal. Could end up a top 5 pick next year, in fact I could see that easily.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Felix the Cat » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:09 pm

I'd keep him. I don't know what "stud" means to you, but I see him as a solid RB2, maybe a marginal RB1 with a favorable matchup. Next week is a key week for the Dolphins; we need to see if their OC keeps playing creatively.

Ricky's presence actually seemed to help him in today's game.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Texans13 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:15 pm

Well what players can you see Ronnie bringing in? Anquan, Braylon, Roy Williams, Plaxico?
Texans13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk