Ronnie Brown: Fantasy Stud or Sell High? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ronnie Brown: Fantasy Stud or Sell High?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ronnie Brown: Fantasy Stud or Sell High?

Postby AllDay » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:49 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:
AllDay wrote:I think you could certainly get Braylon for him now, and probably any WR besides TO - and that deal wouldn't shock me.

That would be an AWFUL trade for the side getting Edwards.

If I could get Reggie Wayne or Larry Fitz, sure. Not Braylon though. No way.

I was mostly following up to the poster who wondered about this group earlier in the thread:

Well what players can you see Ronnie bringing in? Anquan, Braylon, Roy Williams, Plaxico?

Overall though I think it is is TO then take your pick for the next tier of WR's this year. Braylon wouldn't be among the first few guys I'd go for either.

If I had TO I probably wouldn't trade him for Ronnie - but pretty much any other WR I'd probably have to do it.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatFoot » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:44 am

2ksports wrote:First of all, my concern mostly is with Gore.

In my money league, which is no PPR, and has the same scoring as most leagues (10yard=1pt, 1TD=6pt)

1. Bush
2. Brown
3. Turner
4. Gore
5. Westbrook
6. Slaton
7. Portis

My Yahoo league has that same scoring, and yet for us it's

1). Turner
2). Gore
3). Bush
4). Portis
5a). Forte
5b). Brown
5c). Barber

so I am gonna have to say I'm confused at how your list ends up in that order with standard scoring...

Anyway, I had high hopes for Brown this season, and was targeting him for sure in my drafts. Only got him in one of them. And I had zero interest in trading him while things were down. Now.. now he makes it possible for me to trade away just about any of my planned RB2s... dude's a stud, and I think he'll remain a stud this season.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 2ksports » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:53 pm

FatFoot wrote:
2ksports wrote:First of all, my concern mostly is with Gore.

In my money league, which is no PPR, and has the same scoring as most leagues (10yard=1pt, 1TD=6pt)

1. Bush
2. Brown
3. Turner
4. Gore
5. Westbrook
6. Slaton
7. Portis

My Yahoo league has that same scoring, and yet for us it's

1). Turner
2). Gore
3). Bush
4). Portis
5a). Forte
5b). Brown
5c). Barber

so I am gonna have to say I'm confused at how your list ends up in that order with standard scoring...

Anyway, I had high hopes for Brown this season, and was targeting him for sure in my drafts. Only got him in one of them. And I had zero interest in trading him while things were down. Now.. now he makes it possible for me to trade away just about any of my planned RB2s... dude's a stud, and I think he'll remain a stud this season.

We do the decimals thing, where we count every yard. I also sort by PER GAME averages (Gore and Portis have not had Bye weeks), so I get the most accurate picture (average fantasy points per game)

I messed up the order for Brown and Bush though, it's actually Brown ahead of Bush:
1) Brown
2) Bush
3) Turner
4) Gore
5) Westbrook
6) Slaton
7) Portis
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby superslugger616 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:05 pm

I basically traded Ronnie for Addai after his 5 td week, and now looking at it I'm kind of worried. My league is PPR, and ronnie always catches his fair amount of balls, while addai hasn't been a big part of the receiving game, and the cots in general have been sloppy. Ronnie is looking mighty legit these days...
superslugger616
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:30 pm

superslugger616 wrote:I basically traded Ronnie for Addai after his 5 td week, and now looking at it I'm kind of worried. My league is PPR, and ronnie always catches his fair amount of balls, while addai hasn't been a big part of the receiving game, and the cots in general have been sloppy. Ronnie is looking mighty legit these days...

Yeah, Ronnie looks to be back and his schedule is supremely easy as well. I'm doing all I can to get him on my teams.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby AllDay » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:42 am

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3155

Ronnie Brown has reportedly been working on throwing out of the Wildcat package more in practice this week.

Brown has reportedly been taking reps with the Dolphins' QBs in individual drills. He threw for a TD in Week 3 against the Patriots and it appears more passing touchdowns could be forthcoming.

Dude would be huge in roto leagues.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 2ksports » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:00 am

need a QB who is 6-0 or taller to make it work. McFadden is be perfect with his height. I can't wait to see what happens. I think the wildcat is out of the bag though so I don't expect Ronnie to actually make a TD pass this week.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Football Talk